H1 Wheels Q,s

jeepn-jason

I am currently putting in an 8 lug 44 and 14 bolt in my cj and I need new rims and tires. I have read where you would need to recenter hummer rims and cut the run flats out. Someone please educate me on what to do?? Would I be better off to run 15 or 16" steelies and adding beadlocks later or ???
I will be running a 37" irok with and advertised width of 14" Will this work on a h1 wheel? Thanks Jason

With runflats and beadlocks I assume you mean Humvee rims? If so they have around 7.5 backspacing and that is why people get them recentered. You don't have to, but the rim is flat on the outside and the hub is very vulnerable. I am putting 60's front and rear in my CJ and I plan on running 15's (10"wide with about 4"backspacing) and welding beadlock rings to them. Just my 2 cents.

if you run a dually 60 the hub almost dosent stick out, its pretty much flush with the wheel. with the new pressed centers they have, its real easy to recenter rims. runflats only need to be cut down if they are magnesium, rubber ones are fine as is. you can also buy PVC rings that work even better

Back