Hammock camping options...

Those are nice but it looks like everyone using the tent hammocks weigh about 89 pounds. [emoji38]

Wonder how they would fair with a 250lb kid in it?
Only one way to find out....buy one and report back.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Those are nice but it looks like everyone using the tent hammocks weigh about 89 pounds. :lol:

Wonder how they would fair with a 250lb kid in it?

you would like like this guy

awww.dan_dare.org_FreeFun_Images_CartoonsMoviesTV_MonstersIncForTheBirdsWallpaper1024.jpg

The tent-cot is nice, in good weather, if you can't leave the sides open and just have the screen closed it's going to rain inside the tent from condensation. I have the XL tent cot.

I have the single Camp Rite tent cot and absolutely love it. Kids use it a lot for sleepovers. I could not sleep all night in a hammock but I have a Yukon in the buggy for lounging around

ascontent_iad3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_13312864_10209981221311d136277436d218b7ef57876fbb9358d7.jpg

Took the chance on the ENO double nest for our Maine vacation. Well worth the $ to enjoy the views and hang out. Not sure if sleep in it all night but a nice piece for relaxing for a few hours

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm laying in my Eno right now in the backyard and there's no way I could sleep in it all night.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I have a close friend that thru hikes the app trail yearly he carries Hennessy the eno are good but in my opinion if YA over 200lbs it's just not comfortable unless you get the strings super tight his Hennessy has a cover that makes it a cocoon! For kids I have no clue Tho is imagine the eno would be great for kids simply bc they can't escape after YA lay down in em haha

I've wondered about the double eno For my house! May have to pick one of those up!

The double best ENO will pretty much wrap 100% around me when I'm in it solo. There is even enough room to lay on the side. I have the straps pulled more straight so it's a much flatter lay and is more comfortable for longer durations.

Last edited:
The key to comfortable hammock sleeping is getting a very diagonal, flat laying position. And in turn, the key to achieving that is to have a long hammock. 10', 11', even 12' ones are available from a variety of places. Believe it or not, for some people hammocks can be more comfortable than a regular bed.

Check out Hammock Forums for a wealth of info about hammock camping.

I found that my ENO double nest, when pulling it tight for a flatter lay, will wrap around me quite a bit and almost 100%.

If I make it more banana shaped, it doesn't seem to wrap around me as much and is nicer for lounging around and enjoying scenery for a few ours or so.

I don't think of myself as a tight ass when it comes to money but these hammocks are higher than a pink mink.

I have used the Hennessy for a few years now, spent a week in the FL Keys and another week in MI with zero issues. You sleep at a diagonal which is "sorta flat" and personally I put a pillow under my knees so they are not straight out. One of the odd 'secrets' is my feet end is slightly higher than the head. The goal is to have your lowest center of gravity (your back basically) in the very bottom. When I tried to put my butt in the bottom my back hurt terribly because your whole body is trying to slump down the hammock the whole time. But with my feet slightly higher, my lower/back as the very bottom, at an angle, it is perfect and I sleep great / no back issues in the morning.

Another couple pro tips, buy a thicker yoga mat to go under you, that acts as insulation, will need it even in the summer and then I personally just use my sleeping bag. At some point I will invest in an under quilt system but haven't bothered yet.

The Ultimate Hang - Hammock illustrations, tips, and reviews. One of the best resources out there, great book too with all the various tips in a single location.

I no longer camp in tents, unless my wife comes. She hates the hammock.

I just have a cheapo $25 walmart hammock. I keep it pulled tight and lay diagonal. I might upgrade next year.

Back