Handy computer programs

jeepinmatt

Not a very good
I've discovered a few useful free computer programs through the years, so figured I'd share a few and see what I can learn from you guys.

Filename searcher, way faster than the built in search in Microsoft and much simpler/cleaner:
1726495690713.png

Also, I took that screenshot with Greenshot, which is by far the best screenshot tool I've ever used:
You can copy stuff directly to the clipboard, or you can open it in their image editor which is very slick and easy to use for adding text or arrows or highlighting:
1726495848152.png

PDF24 is a good free PDF editor.

And Edrawings is the best free 3D file viewer I've found.
It allows you to rotate/zoom/measure just like regular cad:
1726495882750.png

And even do a sectional view:
1726495892092.png

You got any cool stuff I need to know about?

People still use windows?
Haters gonna hate, but windows still works great. More user friendly and reliable than my iPhone for the way I use things.

IMG_0025.jpeg

Windows is for the average computer using public who doesn’t have time for a Masters degree just to use a computer.

MacBooks and Linux are for college degrees and posers.

And this is two of the last 7 people on Earth who still use Unix.

View attachment 424611

Windows is for the average computer using public who doesn’t have time for a Masters degree just to use a computer.

MacBooks and Linux are for college degrees and posers.

And this is two of the last 7 people on Earth who still use Unix.

Eight. I still have a running SCO Unix box. Well, it would if I plugged it in.

I haven't worked for a company for 10+ years that runs Windows (outside of a few people that need to run some special finance apps)
I’ve never worked for a company that used anything other than windows.

I still use windows 7 lol. But I rarely use a computer anymore.
We have several PCs in our lab that are Win 7. Once we get things nice and stable for running experiments they get locked down and no changes until they die or the whole setup is retired.
Hell I was cleaning out an old lab a month ago and found one w/ XP on it.

Back