Heat pump thermostat settings?

hunterdan

I replaced the battery in my thermostat. While trying to remove trim that blocks battery door I accidentally knocked the thermo loose from its wired connection as d lost all settings.
Nothing got damaged....
I reinstalled the Honeywell 5000pro thermo and all is back connected.
My question is what cycles should I set it on?
In section one of the system programming there is a setting for 1 heat1cool, 2 heat 1 cool etc.

My heat pump is a Bosch bova 36 and it has an inverter compressor which ramps up and down as required.
I believe it's a 1st phase heat and cool and a second phase heat and cool with emergency heat strips.
That leads me to believe it should be on 2 heat 2 cool #6.
What say you guys? Which in attachment for #1 would you pick?
AC guy has me on his list to service whenever....

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709-083802.png
    Screenshot_20240709-083802.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240709-083814.png
    Screenshot_20240709-083814.png
    369 KB · Views: 16
A Honeywell stat doesn't lose its settings with no power, but it can be one or two stage depending on how the installer wired the thermostat. If there's a w2 wire then set it for 2 stage heat. Also Bosch is one of the few mfrs that energize the reversing valve in heat instead of cool so you'll have to change setting 2 too or you won't have cold air.

A Honeywell stat doesn't lose its settings with no power, but it can be one or two stage depending on how the installer wired the thermostat. If there's a w2 wire then set it for 2 stage heat. Also Bosch is one of the few mfrs that energize the reversing valve in heat instead of cool so you'll have to change setting 2 too or you won't have cold air.
Thanks for the help.
I forgot to mention this system is a dual zone with 2 blend doors.
I also forgot to mention that this thermostat has no setting above #8. I had it on #6 and the house is holding at 72 degrees.
After your comment I changed the #2 setting to heat valve changeover (in heat)
and set the system to 2 heat 1 cool (with auxiliary heat)
I don't know if this Bosch has need of phases as I think the board ramps up and slows motor automatically on demand? Anyway it's set on #5 for system (1)

Back