Heavy Equipment Donations

The heavy equipment transfer from SFWDA to Friends Of Uwharrie has been approved, an agreement signed by both parties and a commercial carrier contracted to transport the equipment, hopefully the week of Feb 11-15, 2013.

The FOU BOD is in the process of working on by-laws language to regulate how donations for certain projects are handled. For now, if you are making a donation for a specific project, please note the project and/or user group in your donation comments.

We are in need of donations to get the donated backhoe/loader and dump truck operable. Please consider making a donation so that the equipment can be used ASAP.

http://www.friendsofuwharrie.org/donate.htm

Last edited:
I know of at least one already by someone in ONSC.

Would really like to see all clubs getting involved like i have been pushing ONSC. This is for the better of Our Forrest we like to play in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The backhoe/loader and 5 ton dump were delivered to Uwharie yesterday evening! The backhoe is at Jasper's and he will begin diagnosis and service on it ASAP. The dump truck is at The Outpost. Both pieces of equipment are in need of service and repair.

Please consider a donation to help get these pieces of equipment operational so that we can begin using them on the OHV trails ASAP!

http://www.friendsofuwharrie.org/donate.htm

Seals on the loader and fuel filters it runs rough and the hydraulics are hit and miss. The dump truck melted a terminal when we tried to start it and we are told the dump feature currently doesn't work but overall everything looks great.

Both pieces need exhaust work also, plus we will have to carry liability insurance, initial quotes are running around $800 annually.

Happened to be out near the Outpost today and stopped by to look at the dump truck.

All I can say is, I do not envy who gets to drive it :p. Still, it looked to be in much better shape than I expected.

As long as its not raining or too sunny it shall be good. :)

Happened to be out near the Outpost today and stopped by to look at the dump truck.

All I can say is, I do not envy who gets to drive it :p. Still, it looked to be in much better shape than I expected.

As a former Army Combat (Hvy) Engineer I DO envy whoever gets to drive it ! There are countless trees in the Jungle of Honduras (Humanitarian aid project o_O) that fell victim to me and my M817 ! My Platoon Sergeant referred to them as "Bulldozers on wheels" Glad to see this donation happen and wish I lived close enough to drive out and help for a day. Good luck!

SFWDA_equip_arrives_at_URE_2-14-13_003 (640x480).jpg

Back