Heavy Equipment from SFWDA is enroute to Uwharrie.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Good news all.

The equipment that SFWDA has donated to the Friends of Uwharrie is enroute either this week or at the latest next week. SFWDA is paying to actually get the pieces of equipment here. Yes that is correct. Not just one item but right now we are looking at 2 items and maybe a total of 4 items if we can talk them into it.

The 2 pieces that have been confirmed are the Backhoe, and a 5 ton old school Military dump truck. The other 2 items we are talking to them about are 2 trailers to be able to haul things on the trails behind Jeeps / or trucks / or whatever you drive that is capapble of towing .

This stuff is being donated to Friends of Uwharrie to keep up in Uwharrie. The items of equipment do drive right now but we know there are some issues with a few things . With that i would ask your help to donate to Friends of Uwharrie to get these items in a operable on the trails condition.

These items will help all clubs be able to maintain their trails that they have signed up for. You will not even have to put fuel in them to be able to use them. Of course the operators will have to be qualified on the item to use it.

Right now as it stands we do not need people to donate time to work on these, but we would like people / clubs to donate a few dollars to be able to get the items we need.

The place where you can make a donation is http://friendsofuwharrie.org/index.html

Later on we might need a few people to help out turning wrenches on the items, but until we see what they need from a local to Uwharrie mechanic ( heavy equipment ) we are on a holding pattern for people needed.

In closing this long post out i would encourage you to take a little time out of your day to go over to the SFWDA http://sfwda.org/ and to think about joining them either as an individual or your club joining them, cause without their help / kindness we would not be able to get these items of equipment. And take some time to also thank Scott Fields, as because of him they are being donated to Uwharrie. He has been a charter member of SFWDA for a "few" years now.

Pictures of the equipment along with some of our local NC4X4 members looking at it in person recently will be posted here soon so you can get a better idea of what we are receiving.

DSC00744.JPG
DSC00745.JPG
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00751.JPG
DSC00752.JPG
DSC00753.JPG
DSC00743.JPG

Awesome!

Thats a nice backhoe with 4wd, 4n1 bucket, extend-a-hoe, and enclosed cab!

First thing I see about the loader/backhoe is the joints don't seem to be greasy at all, I hope it's been greased with every use. Also, if the hoses are at all common to each other, we may need to have a spare or two made because I bet those are dry rotted and will blow at the worst possible times. Footpad on the stabilizer I see is missing but it should be easy to make just to get by. I hope it checks out good.
I don't know how we will be able to get by without tags on the Duece, do you think that the popo will let us use it on URE roads with just an SMV triangle?
ANyway, thanks to SFWDA!

The issue with tags was discussed and we think we have a plan, but yes we are talking to the proper agencies about it.

We were told the backhoe is a 1995 so it is not too old right now so hopefully there are still parts being made for it or atleast sitting on a shelf somewhere. The hose thing is very important, you are correct on that. Good thing about those is hopefully any hose builder could build those.

Footpad on the stabilizer I see is missing but it should be easy to make just to get by. I hope it checks out good.
Looks like its sitting just above it by the rear window and is just missing a pin maybe.

Also a spill kit with proper sized plugs and caps for hoses and pig mat. Lead by example....

I completely agree with this and will bring it up higher also.

Keep bringing up your ideas of stuff everyone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The items of equipment do drive right now but we know there are some issues with a few things . With that i would ask your help to donate to Friends of Uwharrie to get these items in a operable on the trails condition.
Please........

Back