Hello from down under.

johnm

G'day all my name is John and as you probably guessed from post title I am from Australia. Perth in western australia .
Firstly I just want to say great site . :)
My weapon of choice is a 1997 Nissan 2.8ltr Turbo Diesel lwb 8 seater Patrol.
Need 8 seats to fit my 5 boys & handbrake in . :D
My patrol is fitted with the usual bits like spotties , hardwired compressor,
heavier rated springs ,long range 150ltr tank , rear mounted spottie and what we call over hear 2 post bull bar on the front.
Hope to give it a 2" lift and winch in august. :driver:
Over here we can only go up by 2" otherwise we need to have it police tested and engineered.$$$$
Anyway I prefer to stay shiney side up as you dont get much traction on the roof.

Regards from down under , johnm :beer:

I think you win for the furtherest member from our home state!
Is that 2" over all or in lift? I am sure Our POPO would love to engineer and TEST our rigs!
Welcome aboard mate!

Wow, does that bring back memories. I was in Perth in 1985. Beautiful place. My ship pulled into Freemantle and I spent the whole week in Perth. Great beer, great people, great women.

Welcome to our little part of NC.

Thanks for the replies i will answer your questions as best i can.

upnover your definately right there mate , might be along drive for a visit even with a snorkel fitted. The lift will be 2 inch taller springs with 41mm bore
shocks which will not give any need to modify steering .
This is a fairly std mod and just gives better performance allround. I have chosen to do it this way because it is more for touring and I wont be doing any rock hopping as wheel base is to long. :D

Rob 20years is along time , all i can say is Perth has got even better .
I reckon that the :beer: in most places is okay if your drinking with the rite
people .( the ones that remember when its their shout ) :)

jeep9mm I would like to post some pics but am not sure how as I am new to this computer thing and am still learning .

Best regards to all on this site and remember guys to stay shiney side up.
johnm. :beer:

Back