Help a fellow wheeler. Chance to win cool stuff

Josh C

*This has been one of the worst months of my life.
As many of you know, we found out my wife was pregnant about a 6 weeks ago. I was extremely excited, and have been looking forward to being a dad for a long time.
It was an extremely rough pregnancy, and she has been in the hospital almost every day for the last month. She has lost 35lbs so far, and couldn't even get out of bed on her own.
Prior to finding out she was pregnant, she had just started a new job. She was originally told that her insurance would take effect on day 1. She filled out the enrollment forms, waited a couple of weeks so there was an overlap, and we cancelled her other insurance plan ($700 a month COBRA plan). Turns out her insurance did not start on day 1 as she was originally told, but there was a 60 day waiting period. So my wife has been in the hospital for a month without insurance. As far as we can tell, we now owe the hospital $25,000 +.
Since her original offer letter outlined the benefits, but not the day the benefits would become effective, we are stuck with this huge bill.
Our "light at the end of the tunnel" was the fact that when this was all over, we would be parents. It became harder and harder to wake up every day, but I just kept focusing on the end goal.

Yesterday, my wife lost the baby. *

I’m sure everyone remembers this post by Dan (Jerseyzuks) on April 15th. Anyone who has been on this board for any length of time has seen Dan help others and offer advice over and over again so it's no surprise that the news touched a lot of folks deeply. I spoke with Dan and the bills are even worse than they thought. After several contacts from members of the BBS, the staff and I got together to see if we could figure out a way to help one of our own who had been dealt a bad hand. This is what we're going to do:
The companies and people listed below have very generously offered the following awesome items for raffle. All proceeds from this raffle will go to Dan and his wife to help cover some of the cost of this terrible experience. The items will be listed in the Zuwharrie store. You will effectively be buying a ticket for a raffle of the item you want at $5 a ticket. Let's say you have $20 to spend on the tickets. You can buy 4 tickets on one item, or 1 ticket each on 4 items, or any other combo that suits you. Each item will be raffled separately using only the tickets that were bought for that item. If you didn't buy a ticket on the extended slip yoke, you can't win it...got it?

Here are the items:
Powerstroken an extended slip yoke
Redidbull with doorless mirror brackets and looking for spare parts/etc
Aftermarket 4x4 a set of Samurai ABS Door Panels,
Aftermarket 4x4 a set of Samurai Diamond Plate Rocker Panels,
Aftermarket 4x4 a set of Samurai Diamond Plate Corner Wraps
Aftermarket 4x4 a set of four of my custom Samurai Spring Perches
Rocky Road Outfitters new Crawler Deluxe front bumper with optional winch mount
Rocky Road Outfitters Crawler II with the Rock Sliders on the sides
Rock4x Fabrication 2 DIY t-case buckets
Rock4x Fabrication 2 High Clearance Trans Mount
Sky Manufacturing Rear Upper Shock Mount
Sky Manufacturing A pr of 1 inch Driveline spacers
Sky Manufacturing a Bolt On Traction bar for Samurai rear axle
Roadless Gear PolyShield
Roadless Gear Aluminum Door Handle Set
Roadless Gear SJ410 Grill Kit

It’s your chance to win any one of the incredible items for as little as $5, FIVE DOLLARS!!! The vendors and Zuwharrie.com are even going to cover the shipping to your door!!! Just remember, the more you buy the better your chances! Add the fact that it's for a great cause; you just can't beat this deal! Please tell your friends, even if they don't drive a Zuk, they can help these fine folks out and maybe win you something!

The link:
http://store.zuwharrie.com/index.php/cPath/22
If you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll get them answered for you right away!
R/T

Please dont take offense to this, but if that is what she was told they really need to speak with the NC Employment Commision and a lawyer. I am dead serious as the Commision takes offer/ acceptance issues VERY seriously.

I am buying some tix and I certainly dont have a Zuk!

He's not from NC. He's one of the guys who comes down to ride w/ us. He's from somewhere in New Jersey.

Also if anyone is interested in donating it is now setup so you can donate but don't have to buy a ticket

Insurance

I think her old insureance will have to cover until the new picks up. Check it out.

Back