Higher shock mounts

stewartgivens

RockEater
I have bent the crap out of my shock mounts on every high spot on the trail. Check out what Andy at Carolina Rock Shop did this week for me below. And I still have plenty of up travel with the Old Man Emu shocks!
shockn2.JPG

Below is the BEFORE VIEW:
shocko2.JPG

Stewart

im gonna be swapping a d44 into my xj sometime in the near future, and this is in my plans, since im gona have to build shock mounts anyway, i might as well make them higher, plus my shocks are about 2 inches too short for my lift so it should work out perfect

looks good, do you know what size and wall thickness they were cut out of? they appear to be cut out of square tube?

I had them move mine up as well. Looks to be not as high as yours though...:mad:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v443_ProjekTJ_Iroks_Tri_20Link_Fuel_20Cell_Tires_DSC00252.jpg

Don't mind the other crap in the pic.:D

awspence said:
im gonna be swapping a d44 into my xj sometime in the near future, and this is in my plans, since im gona have to build shock mounts anyway, i might as well make them higher, plus my shocks are about 2 inches too short for my lift so it should work out perfect
looks good, do you know what size and wall thickness they were cut out of? they appear to be cut out of square tube?

Nah, they are custom laser cut and wrapped - work of art. Andy has a source for them. I think they are 1/4" thick.

Stewart

Does Andy have these in stock? I need to pick up two pair for a buddy's TJ and my YJ.

Back