Hobby shops

rokntoy

FUCKIN SLAYER!!!
What are the local hobby shops in your area? We need to get a list of shops going on here. The only ones I know about are these within 50 miles. Please add if you know of any.

www.kingrc.com in King N.C.
Hobby barn in West Jefferson N.C.
Hobby town in Moorseville N.C.

There was a few in Asheville but they have since went out of buisness. I think all that's up there now is a Hobby Town. I usually go to the Hobby Town in Hickory.

A few years back I went to one that was just south of Charlotte. Heading south maybe half an hour, get off the ramp and turn right, just a few miles maybe on the right. I wish I could remember the name. They had a paved tri-oval for stock cars and a short corse for staduim trucks and such. They had a killer selection for most everything.

There was a few in Asheville but they have since went out of buisness. I think all that's up there now is a Hobby Town. I usually go to the Hobby Town in Hickory.
A few years back I went to one that was just south of Charlotte. Heading south maybe half an hour, get off the ramp and turn right, just a few miles maybe on the right. I wish I could remember the name. They had a paved tri-oval for stock cars and a short corse for staduim trucks and such. They had a killer selection for most everything.

The Grove is the name of the track part, I think the hobby shop is called Hobby Stop. I raced there a few years ago, was nice then. Have not been back since.

Kevin

Thanks, I want to make another trip down there. It was a cool place....

A hobby shop list would make a good "sticky".... just sayin.....

The Grove is the name of the track part, I think the hobby shop is called Hobby Stop. I raced there a few years ago, was nice then. Have not been back since.
Kevin
Yep its hobby stop in rock hill. Nice place but they have terrible customer service. They dont keep any crawler parts in stock and dont seem interested to order the parts for you. Went in not long ago and asked for an esc for ax10. "We dont have crawler esc's." and a blank stare was all I got. I like to pay cash at brick and mortar businesses(see best buy rant) but I buy my parts from ckrccrawlers.com

we can't sticky anything.......yet. there is no moderator and they are the only ones who can "sticky" it.

Sorry about that, I forgot.

Lee is now the moderator for the R/C section. :driver:

Rc based Hi-Tech hobbies in Triangle town center in Raleigh. Early 2014 they are suppose to be opening a paved track, off road track and rock crawling section in Wake Forest.

http://www.hi-techhobbies.com/

Rc based Hi-Tech hobbies in Triangle town center in Raleigh. Early 2014 they are suppose to be opening a paved track, off road track and rock crawling section in Wake Forest.

http://www.hi-techhobbies.com/

Yep..
The former go kart track and putt putt at "The Factory" in Wake Forest is now open as a paved track for RC cars.
The dirt area is bare dirt, and they are slowly working. There is a long shallow "river" down the middle, I suggested leaving a lot of the water areas, (it's 2-4" deep) so that some of the rocks would end up damp to make the crawling more challenging..
Friendly folks and they are building a driving stand, so you can see where you are driving..

Hobby stop in rock hill. RHSCTJ I noticed your old post. I'm friends with many of the employees and the owners they now stock some axial parts and keep a few crawlers on the shelf. They have a good amount of tires as well. I've talked with the guy the calls the races and making a crawler course is an option if there is interest.

Back