honest/good mechanics in charlotte?

RufusTheRam

more specifically the huntersville area. i've got a friend that needs her a/c repaired and a few other misc. things done.

I always head to ASI (Auto Solutions Inc.) near Old Statesville and Harris Blvd. 704-598-2500 They've always been very knowledgeable with any vehicle I've brought in and reasonable as well.

It would be worth her making a trip down to CMD Automotive right near my shop. The guys are really good and do first rate work. 704-527-4009. It is not a long trip down 77.

Morris at ASI is probably not he best choice for AC stuff.

Webster Radiator in Concord does good A/C work as well.

Andy

cool, thanks. do you do any general maintinance stuff or fab/mods only? she needs a carrier bearing replaced and a cv joint done also, i'd prefer to send her your way for that stuff if you can do it.

zubz said:
Morris at ASI is probably not he best choice for AC stuff.

Andy

I've dealt with ASI on multiple things...

Mike is a fabulous mechanic...(Ivan, he's the one that changed the heads/cam/studs/Fel-Pros in the Ram...)

but I just have a hard time convincing myself to put another dime into that shop...just always seems a little on the shady side...

there's a shop about 1/2 down Old Statesville that does transmission work if you ever need that, though...great work!!

EDIT: better idea...I've got a friend and his buddy (his buddy works at a dealership, and my friend used to work there) that does after hours work at the dealership...any make/model/repair needed...for probably 1/2 or less of the dealership cost. He's the head garage man there and has full access to every tool they have. If you'll get me a name/number, I'll get them in touch with your friend.

Greg

How about in Durham? Lately I've been taking mine to Auto World, right beside the I-70 onramp off Holloway St., but just the other day something happened that's making me wonder. The little plastic doojigger that holds the driver's window in the track broke off and the window was, naturally, going everywhere but straight up and down. I went over to see if he could put in another guide, he said he wouldn't have time right then because A) "the parts are hard to get" and B) he'd have to take off the whole inside of the door to work on it.

Including the drive from there over to Rick Hendrick Chevy/GM, it took all of 20 minutes and $4.25 to buy another guide and snap it onto the glass, then pop the window back in place.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm"....

no, if she was that close i'd just take care of the stuff at my shop. thanks though.

ivan without doubt i have your man. he does all of my familes work. as well as all of the pops business work. hickman automotive in mooresville. it is on 115 just past davison college. he sold me on his honesty when my buddies 3000 kept over heating and 2 place said they drained the oil and found anifreeze in it. but i didnt believe it because it had full power and no white smoke. so i had him take it to brian hickman. brian changed the oil and found nothing. that day it had a new radiator all in and done for 250. beats the 1300 and 1600 quotes he got from some bullshit shops. one shop was a AAA shop. either way i take my stuff from here to him as well.

bigwaylon said:
I've dealt with ASI on multiple things...

Mike is a fabulous mechanic...(Ivan, he's the one that changed the heads/cam/studs/Fel-Pros in the Ram...)

but I just have a hard time convincing myself to put another dime into that shop...just always seems a little on the shady side...

there's a shop about 1/2 down Old Statesville that does transmission work if you ever need that, though...great work!!
Shady shmady. I've always dealt with Mike there and have had no problems. He just fixed an AC leak on my buddies Dodge diesel and it's been working great. I've never been bs'd there. By the way, Morris is pretty much doing the used car dealer thing and Mike is taking care of the shop now.
Oh, and that tranny shop is Affordable Transmissions. They rebuilt my E4OD and it shifts better now than it did before it had issues.

johnski said:
Shady shmady. I've always dealt with Mike there and have had no problems. He just fixed an AC leak on my buddies Dodge diesel and it's been working great. I've never been bs'd there. By the way, Morris is pretty much doing the used car dealer thing and Mike is taking care of the shop now.
Oh, and that tranny shop is Affordable Transmissions. They rebuilt my E4OD and it shifts better now than it did before it had issues.

like I said...no problems at all with Mike...

he's fixed everything I could imagine...

they used to do all of 4WheelParts "against policy" stuff (not illegal) like stacking lifts, just cause 4WP won't do it for liability reasons...

I've just hung around there enough to know I don't want to go back...

yep...Affordable Transmissions...Troy runs the place and they do fabulous work...their business card stays in my wallet...

Greg

Back