hotels/places to stay

jeepin1995

undecided......
headed up to URE in 2 weeks (10/26) and would normally camp, but i'm headed to charlotte for the rest of the weekend and dont have room for gear...... what hotels/motels are in the area i can call to reserve a room???

I would say either Troy or Albemarle would be your closest.

The closest place to stay is a Motel (and probably the cheapest) called Linda's Motel about 25 minutes from the Outpost:

2014 East Main Street
Albermale, NC 28001

But that's a Motel not Hotel, if you are willing to drive 5 minutes (or less) a little further there are 4 more options the Holiday Inn Express, America's Best Value Inn, Sleep Inn & Suites, and Quality Inn. Here is a google maps link showing those 4 options:

http://goo.gl/maps/CcmsX

All your options are in the same general area and are within a half hour of the Outpost. Troy and Albemarle are close to the same distance from the trails, Troy is South East, Albemarle is more South West. I travel through Albemarle on the way into Uwharrie every trip I make so I usually opt to stop there on a "trip to town" if I have to go back for anything after I get to Uwharrie.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!! I don't need a fancy hotel, just a clean bed and a shower for the gf.

sent from my Damn phone
Drive the extra 5 (actually 2 or 3 minutes) to one of the bigger chains, you'll see what I mean when you get there. Your GF will appreciate it!

regrouping now...... looking at hotels and close to $100 night after taxes...... screw that, i'll pack my tent and some sleeping bags. was thinking trail side, then remembered the Art Lilley campground...... good place to camp? havent been since it was built. campfires allowed there?

Check out Badin lake camp ground they have good showers and the sites are right on the lake!

I was going to mention the Underground House or Uwharrie Cabin Rentals but that is a totally different price range, at least in my opinion.

last time I rented, the small cabins were $90 a night with a 2 night minimum. That appears to be about the same as a hotel.

Back