How I Hurt My Back

J.C.

Volunteer
Sorry I had to pull out of the Jan workday, guys, but I hurt my back Friday evening :(

I went down Friday to replace a hose on the FOU loader at Scott's place. After that I took wife Leslie around the perimeter of Big Creek, she had never seen it. When I came out to the stop sign at Center Meth Ch Rd I heard a clunking. Got out and looked around, the right front axle shaft ujoint had spit a cap. I had been warned by Jason W that this was a known issue with rigs such as mine. We didn't do anything crazy just cruised the easy perimeter trail but stuff happens.

I got home at 4 pm and flew into repairs so I could make the workday today. Somewhere in the process I tweaked my back. It hurt last night but when I got up this morning it was bad :( Gonna have to rest it for a few days. This pic shows what I found when I pulled things apart. One cross of the ujoint was nothing but rust, no grease at all!

Rusty Ujoint.jpg

Yup. Had to do one of mine after out last ure trip.... Same thing, joint was old and dry. Haven't done the other side yet. Jeep is making a loud squeaking noise now. Not sure why. I figure if it's a big deal, the light will get brighter.

At least you hurt your back doing something manly...I've been laid up since Friday night after throwing mine out bowling...I had a solid first 6 frames too.

You know I hesitated to open this on the work computer thinking "I wonder if this should be in the Garage..."

Back