How to ship bumper cover?

Elliott

Sorry for being a postwhore :D I'm trying to ship off the bumper cover that was on my ZJ and even though it weighs less than 10 pounds the cheapest quote I have gotten for shipping so far has be $78 from FedEx ground. Any suggestions for shipping an item for less than the cost of it originally.

I've heard of people using greyhound...

i've sent a few for cars through ups. never cost any more than 25-30 bucks. i just wrapped them in plastic, no box or anything.

RufusTheRam said:
i've sent a few for cars through ups. never cost any more than 25-30 bucks. i just wrapped them in plastic, no box or anything.

yea thats pretty much what i'm doing but UPS quoted my $120. What did you do differently? was it as large as a ZJ cover?

i posted that beforehand turd, but yeah like rich was saying you can use greyhound to ship it, it should be real cheap...... btw i didnt know your 8.8 was locked and i thought you had 32s on that heep? :flipoff2:

Use greyhound!!! I saw it on TV, I think it was on Great Biker Build Off or something like that. They used Greyhound to take a tank to the paint shop or something like that. Faster and cheaper from what they said. Dunno any details.

Rob

120 is ridiculous... i've shipped sets of rims through ups for less than that. the covers i've sent were for cars, a little smaller than zj cover. not enough smaller to be that sort of price difference.

Stop calling the ups store and register an account online with UPS.com. It is usually much cheaper and you can print out your label at home (or school, as the case may be).

Or, you could put it in the mailbox with no postage, put your name in the ship to address section and the person you want to get it in the return address section. The PO will return to sender for insufficient postage. :D
Had a friend in college who sent every letter home that way, saved him about 30 cents each time. Doesn't sound like much, but it made a difference on $.10 beer night at the club. :beer:

rockcity said:
I wouldn't suggest doing that. Its mail fraud and its a federal offense.

Rob
That was what this :D was for.
To repeat, do not try this at home. It was for entertainment purposes only. :beer:

I have been parting out some cars and shipping some larger stuff. Check out Fedex.com and UPS.com for shipping quotes. First measure your bumper cover. Then you can play with the measurements on the website to get the price down. On an exhaust I just shipped yesterday, I found the line between it costing $40 and $80. Just 1-inch smaller box made the difference.

Also, have the measurement of your box when you go into the store. A lot of times they'll take your word for it, so tell them what the box measures, and they might not measure it themselves. That boxed exhaust was so close to the $80 size, I was worried that it would measure larger depending on how they measured it. But I just told them what size it was, and they were happy with that!

I have also found that FedEx has been cheaper than UPS for what I have shipped, and also FedEx will ship stuff larger than the post office will even handle.

Hope this helps!
Richard

Back