HP 60 rear?

HP were never in a rear application, only in a front, only came in fords

78-79 some f-250's and 350's HP king pin 60

1980-1997 F250s used either the Dana 44HD TTB or the Dana 50 front axle, depending upon packages, options, GVW, etc

1980-1985.5 F350s used the dana 50 TTB front axle.

1985.5-1997 F350s used the HP Dana 60 Monobeam front axle, kinpins initially, switching to Balljoints somewhere around 1992.

1999-2001 Super Duty SRW F250/F350s used the Dana 50 front axle, Balljoint, Unit bearings

1999-current F350-F550 DRW use the Dana 60 front axle, again, balljoint, unit bearings

You can take a normal Dana 60 rear flip it upside down and install reverse cut gears. The problem is that it won't have proper oil lubrication. That's not an issue for trail rigs, but it can be for sustained highway speeds.

Reverse cut gears don't change the rotation of the axle, they simply designate the strong side of the gear. The pinion is still on the wrong side of the ring gear for forward axle rotation in a forward gear.

GubNi said:
You can take a normal Dana 60 rear flip it upside down and install reverse cut gears.

No, you can't.

um, why do you want to know that shane, thought u had 2.5's

tyler

GubNi said:
You can take a normal Dana 60 rear flip it upside down and install reverse cut gears. The problem is that it won't have proper oil lubrication. That's not an issue for trail rigs, but it can be for sustained highway speeds.

That is, quite possibly, one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here.

Well I may be wrong about it. I read where someone had did it on another board. He said it worked just fine.

I'll try to find the link so you can ask the guy that said he did it.

GubNi said:
Well I may be wrong about it. I read where someone had did it on another board. He said it worked just fine.

I'll try to find the link so you can ask the guy that said he did it.

If you run the engine facing backwards then yes that would work with standard gears. But there is no such thing as reverse rotation gears only reverse cut.

Beastforty said:
If you run the engine facing backwards then yes that would work with standard gears.

That is the funnist shit i have read in a while. :D

Asking for a friend that put one in upside down on mistake

GubNi said:

Maybe he attached the center to Mog outers... then it would work :)

just a thought ... could u take a low pinion 60 front (chevy) flip it and turn it around which should keep the rotation the same way. if that would work u would have to try to mate it to some rear axle tubes.. maybe

Hi9... ;)

91oneton said:
just a thought ... could u take a low pinion 60 front (chevy) flip it and turn it around which should keep the rotation the same way. if that would work u would have to try to mate it to some rear axle tubes.. maybe

No, it makes it turn backwards. Okay if you're building a rear-engine buggy.... not much use otherwise.

Back