Hurricane Helene

CLRracer

Mopar Nut
Looks like this one is going to be a bear for yall westerly folks. A lot of rain, flooding, and slides. Stay safe, if you need anything holler. We have room if anyone needs a place to hole up.

Duane

A friend I went to college with is on Mills river fd and posted this just a few minutes ago. Same as Duane said, if anyone needs a place to stay, we have room.

Screenshot_20240926-140028.png

Screenshot_20240926-140051.png

It's a big one. Columbia is 577 miles or so from it and we have had rain because of it all day. Stay safe!

News just said Asheville is under water with 8" of rain so far and expected another 8"

The road my mother grew up on in independence Va has washed out and it's never washed out šŸ˜³

Up to 14.25" of rain here so far.
In Fletcher where our business is, they're saying the French Broad will crest 10' above flood stage. Yard should be safe.
Mills River will get hard as well as Horse Shoe and Etowah as the FB flows right through them.
I'm 100% prepared for whatever happens.
PXL_20240927_012257217.jpg

Last edited:
These pics are from the Lake James campground in Marion from 2018. The lake rose to 103 Feet. Duke Power is calling for the lake to reach 110 feet! This would be the highest lake level since it was created. Would devastate the campground.

If we get any wind at all tonight, it is going to be real ugly.
IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

Getting ready to make landfall, Ryan has several storm chaser feeds on his live stream tonight. 160k people watching!

Duane

Back