hydaulic shops?

whitneyj

Just aquired a dissassembled 3 ton Al Craftsman jack from a buddy competely torn apart. He was going to rebuild it, got confused/lazy and was in the process of throwing it away. I already looked into buying a new ram, but it's $125. Hoping someone here knows where I can send this off to get rebuilt. It was just leaking oil. If it wasn't torn apart I'd just locate a rebuild kit and do it myself, but I'm not sure where any of the springs go.

Ouch...would be cheaper to just buy another jack. However, I dunno where you're at, but there's a place called Rowan Bolt on Hwy 29 that deals with hydraulics...and IIRC there are another 3-4 shops within 5 miles of eachother on the same stretch of road.

I haven't found anyone in the area that can do much of anything.

Have you tried searching google to see if there is a diagram of the jack.

Most common issue with floor jacks are the O-Rings leaking. If you can find the correct size O-Ring, it may not be a big deal.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no rebuild kits for floor jacks.

The jack is $300 from craftsman, so it wouldn't be cheaper to buy a new jack or the pump.
It's leaking internally, not the o-rings.
If I can get my hands on a seal kit, I suppose I can try rebuilding it if it's that much for a shop to do it. So I suppose now the question is where is a good shop to get a rebuild kit?

There's nothing stamped on the cylinder or on the jack.

Thats probably because the paint is too think from the factory in china.

I found this searching google. Manual for the 2 ton showing part numbers and such.
http://issuu.com/publishgold/docs/00950239e

Having a model number would help you better.

I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than your $125 ram.

Back