I need some dewalt batteries rebuilt...where?

JeepTruck

I need to have some of my 18 volt dewalt batteries rebuilt where is the best place for quality and price. I really don't mind sending them off if the price and turn around is better.

Where should I look and how much is the going rate? These are the regular 18v and not the brand new style.

Thanks

when you find a place let me know cause I've got about eight I need rebuilt. Although I can buy brand new XRP 18v batteries and the lithium ion for probably the same price as rebuilt batteries.

I think it was late 2008, black friday or pre-Christmas, Lowe's was selling a new drill +2 batteries for under $100. I picked one up since my batteries were shot.

I think it was late 2008, black friday or pre-Christmas, Lowe's was selling a new drill +2 batteries for under $100. I picked one up since my batteries were shot.
probably wasn't the XRP batteries. cause I had a friend jump on that this past Christmas and it came w/ the cheap thin plain batteries. Buy them at the flea market. Just check the dates on the bottom.

I've probably got 8 or so 18V dewalt batteries I've been holding onto for a while. All are shot. I didn't know you could have them rebuilt. Post something up if you find it.

I had 1 of my 12V Porter-Cable drill batteries done at Batteries Plus to see if it was worthwhile... IIRC, REBUILT = $30ish (where NEW was $70+)...

The rebuilt pack does fine as long as it's being worked, but will die inside a month just sitting on the shelf. I'd say about 80% capacity over a new P-C battery...

For the ancient 12V Ryobi, I made an (wooden) adapter that allowed me to connect to a 12V auto battery via some stranded 10ga wire... will drill until the casing starts to melt! :lol:

Still looking for someone local with the knowledge to use cells from the dozens (OK, hundreds!) of used LI-ion laptop batteries I have! Everything I've read said usually just 1 of the cells (5-9 cells per pack avg.) craps out and the rest are fine...

http://www.batteryclinic.com/

They will juice them up for you if you want. I talked with them at a Bio Med convention in Concord....Super nice people.

I bought two new XRP batteries and a charger off of Amazon for $120 to my door.

Youtube + ebay = rebuilt battery packs cheap
Do you have anymore details? Have you done this?

Checked around today and seems that the going rate is 45-55 to rebuild. Like posted above you can buy 2 new factory sealed batteries and charger for 100-120 on ebay/amazon/Lowes. I guess I need a new 18v 3/8" impact so that might be my way out. Still looking for a affordable rebuild...

I usually just go buy a new tool. You get 2 batteries and a new toll to use. I wish I could find an 18v jig saw and batteries for a good price.

Battery Tree in Kernesville rebuilds them for us at work.

would anyone have any interest in a brand new 1/2'' impact w/ two lithium ion batteries and a charger for $300? 300ft lbs of torque is nice. I've had mine only a couple of weeks and it has been very handy especially rebuilding my front end in the Jeep. beats the hell out of dragging around the air line.

Do you have anymore details? Have you done this?
Checked around today and seems that the going rate is 45-55 to rebuild. Like posted above you can buy 2 new factory sealed batteries and charger for 100-120 on ebay/amazon/Lowes. I guess I need a new 18v 3/8" impact so that might be my way out. Still looking for a affordable rebuild...

You can buy the individual cells on ebay cheap. You can even up the life by getting better batteries. On youtube you can find detailed instructions of how to do it.

My buddy rebuilds them at Interstate batteries in charlotte off of S. Kings. They dont charge much to rebuild them. He can also make them last longer with higher capacity cells.

I usually just go buy a new tool. You get 2 batteries and a new toll to use. I wish I could find an 18v jig saw and batteries for a good price.

x2, Last Drill I bought, I went to get new batteries for the previous drill. It was cheaper by about $20 to get a new more powerful Drill/Flashlight/Charger/2 battery combo than to replace the two old batteries. I went from a 12V setup to an 18V set up at that!

doesn't batteries plus do this too?

I had a cordless drill battery pack rebuilt for 20 bucks.
granted dude was my friend that worked there.

Back