impact rebuild

orange150

my uncle/boss, did a little spring cleaning today at work. two of the things he wanted to get rid of were a Snap-On and Cornwell impact wrench, all they need is a rebuild. i know the Cornwell man can send them off for me to rebuild them (the Snap-On man is no more), but does sears or northern sell a rebuild kit for impacts?

Mike, I see the Snap-on man near me every couple of weeks, I know when and where to track him down. You want a rebuild kit? Let me know what gun it is and if he can get it, I'll jump on it for you.

ill have to check, i was hoping that it was just kind of a universal thing.

i wasnt aware that Snap-On had any drivers anymore. i heard they were having some kinda trouble but us at work were having a hard time finding much info about it. it sucks because we have tools that need repairing but cant do anything about it.

Snap-On is attempting to shrink routes and add MORE distributors, which is costing the guys who already have routes. The guys who had routes are bailin out cuz they can't make a living anymore and the district rep in Raleigh is a dick. This is why you don't see too many Snappy trucks in Raleigh anymore. I haven't had a Snap-On dealer since the end of '03. and from what I understand, the ones that have bailed and possibly even the ones who are still in business are involved in a class action suit pertaining to this deal.

Now, on to your tools, Snap_on will sell you the individual parts IF you can get them to show you a parts breakdown so you can pick your part. Usually they want you to give them the tool and they'll send it off, expect it to take a few weeks, and the cost of repair , you could usually buy a new tool from Northern for just a little more.

The Cornwell tool, there is a good chance the tool is either Ingersol Rand or Chicago Pnenumatic, both of which you can get parts for either at J&S Tool Repair on Hodges Street in Raleigh or ABC Tool repair directly across the street from Wilder Bolt Supply in Raleigh.

Cornwell dealer shows up at Bobby Murray Chevrolet about 3:45pm on Wed every week, and will order what ever parts you want for the tools, and is usually pretty timely about it.

For further Referance, Matco Tools, every Tuesday 10am sharp ( you can damn near set your watch by him ) and MAC Tools, every Wed morning anywhere from 9:30 to 11:30am. This a at Bobby Murray in Raleigh.

Should anyone have the need to pay really ridiculious prices for common tools.

Kevin

yea, Cornwell man just stops by every Tues. afternoon. I have bought stuff from him before but today he asked me my name for some reason, when i told him Michael Bolton he chuckled and said "I'll just put down Mike". haha.

oh yea, and turns out that they are both IR, just the rubber cover things said Cornwell and Snap-On, evil uncle. oh well, that makes getting parts a lot easier.

Steve Boyte ? That your Cornhole dealer?

Yes, that they are both IR makes getting parts that much easier.

Kevin

i ended up leaving the Model 231 A with ABC for them to rebuild it, the other one is a Model 232. i might try that one myself, not too sure though, the guy made it sound complicated. one thing he said though is that after the rebuild he will put it on the impact "dyno". awesome.

Back