Inflation

$25/hr sure as shit wouldn't get me out to load square bales by hand!
I'm your huckleberry. To bad I bet it would coste the wages in fuel to get to the field.

You got paid? I got told I was earning my keep and that the only pay I got was a roof over my head!

One of the cool things about your dad owning a machine shop is, you got to work for free. My dad had a buddy name Jerry Pyrtle who needed help in his shop one year…so I got to go to Jerry’s to split/disassemble dies and tear down various tooling so I could bring my dads part to him. There was about a week long period in there where Jerry loaned me out to one of his friends to help bale hay. $0/hr labor sub-sub-contracted out is still $0/hr. Baling hay is still probably my least favorite ‘job’ I’ve ever had. I’d probably have to be at $250/hr to even entertain the idea today.

One of the cool things about your dad owning a machine shop is, you got to work for free. My dad had a buddy name Jerry Pyrtle who needed help in his shop one year…so I got to go to Jerry’s to split/disassemble dies and tear down various tooling so I could bring my dads part to him. There was about a week long period in there where Jerry loaned me out to one of his friends to help bale hay. $0/hr labor sub-sub-contracted out is still $0/hr. Baling hay is still probably my least favorite ‘job’ I’ve ever had. I’d probably have to be at $250/hr to even entertain the idea today.

Oh yea. Used to go help a neighbor every morning picking up dead chickens in their houses. In the afternoon their son helped us ride fences and tend the cows. We all pooled together for stuff like pulling calves or chicken delivery/loadout.

Please tell me where you’re getting A grade alfalfa bales at $8!! I’ll drive to you. The cheapest around here is 22 for a 60lb square bale.
That price is at least a couple of years old and I don’t know the bale weight. I’m obviously out of touch w today’s hay prices.

Please tell me where you’re getting A grade alfalfa bales at $8!! I’ll drive to you. The cheapest around here is 22 for a 60lb square bale.
I wasn’t to far off.

Attachments

• 94F870F4-B24D-46D8-91BC-E69509AE0668.png
    94F870F4-B24D-46D8-91BC-E69509AE0668.png
    558.9 KB · Views: 46
Back