Inflation

Have you not been paying attention to the totals before you swipe your card?
Yep. I pay attention to all prices all the time. I've watched it creep a few cents here and there over the past 6 months....but saw some 50 cent to 1 dollar increases per item over 1 week. On lower priced items. Large percentage increase.

#transitory

1665674668500.png

Last edited:
This is year-year data right? What are the orange vs red lines?
Lets not forget that it stacks up, too. So when its 5% in mid 2021 and 9% in mid 2022 that means things are 13% more in mid 2022 than they were in mid 2020.

A quick increase in inflation is painful, but having that rate stay constant is what really hurts.

This is year-year data right? What are the orange vs red lines?
Lets not forget that it stacks up, too. So when its 5% in mid 2021 and 9% in mid 2022 that means things are 13% more in mid 2022 than they were in mid 2020.

A quick increase in inflation is painful, but having that rate stay constant is what really hurts.
Fixed the picture to include the line information.

I hope this shutters the rtp campus! Giggity giggity!

Color me shocked.
Record inflation, shrinking number of people actually working due to numerous reasons, .gov handouts, continued student loan can kicking down the road, MSM telling us we're all victims of capitalistic greed, amoong other things contribute to the issue.

I like how we don't include food or energy in the inflation numbers. I spend way more on food each month than any regularly purchased anything, but it's constantly rising cost somehow doesn't count.
There are many reasons to not trust any gov't agency or employee...but this is one of the main reasons.

Back