Inflation

You've eventually got to pay the Piper.

"Fed Governor Philip Jefferson released a reply to the report, saying the current situation differs from previous inflation episodes. He noted that this Fed has more credibility as an inflation-fighter than some of its predecessors."

Spoken like a whiny, ignorant teenager. :shaking:

Spoken like a whiny, ignorant teenager. :shaking:
or any politician, or economist.
"Trust us, unlike the last guy, we know what we're doing."

or any politician, or economist.
"Trust us, unlike the last guy, we know what we're doing."
Yeah, but anyone who works for the Fed already is a politician and economist, so that is redundant. ;)

Went to the chicken and small animal auction today for the first time in a few years. Boy has it changed lots of non local people. Eggs selling for 35.00 a dozen and chickens were 75.00 a piece. I about shit myself
Ive heard that locally chicks are selling for $10, hens for $25-50, and roosters for $20-30. The fact that roosters are selling tells me that its a bunch of newbs blowing money.

Ive heard that locally chicks are selling for $10, hens for $25-50, and roosters for $20-30. The fact that roosters are selling tells me that its a bunch of newbs blowing money.
Meanwhile the price of eggs is already coming back down o something reasonable (at least compared w/ everything else) so all these folks getting into raising them now aren't going to be rolling in the bucks like they hope

Meanwhile the price of eggs is already coming back down o something reasonable (at least compared w/ everything else) so all these folks getting into raising them now aren't going to be rolling in the bucks like they hope
yep. We got chickens a couple years ago. I sold a few dozen eggs here lately just because there was a demand. Guess Ill go back to giving away a dozen now and again.

yep. We got chickens a couple years ago. I sold a few dozen eggs here lately just because there was a demand. Guess Ill go back to giving away a dozen now and again.
Easter is coming....

Yup, and they will be sadly mistaken that even at the inflated prices, they arent making money selling eggs. Our layers are older, and took the winter off... they started back with a vengeance, but by the time i have a surplus no-one will want to support local anymore.

1678798380910.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Encouraging - but rmember folks, that doesn't mean prices are coming down, it jut means they are going up less quickly.
Inflation on inflation is fiduciary success if you work for the government! (No offense @RatLabGuy )

Ya'll hush on the eggs. Right now our support their own feed and pay for our two dogs and two cats feed. I call that a win. We average 8 a day and usually keep a dozen or less for us a week.

This is pretty neat
1. There's no way that housing number is right. (But maybe. Stuff was stupid in 08 too.)
2. Clearly I should have invested in hospital companies instead of TV companies. Thing is, in 2008, there weren't so many hospital companies. Thanks Obama!

This is pretty neat

Since I was a young/broke lad in 08...I don't really have a point of reference...but apparently I'm interested in the wrong things. I keep hearing 8-9% inflation, but I swear the last 2 years, it has cost me twice as much in bills.

Back