Inflation

Every now and then I have to grab breakfast on my way to work. Shits like $5 for a breakfast sandwich alone most places I prefer. Sometimes I have to buy lunch as well. $6-$7 for a to go salad. I guess food prices and places jacking minimum wage is really kicking in.

Lately buying in bulk at Costco has been the best option. Even though it is just me and my wife. Fortunately we have the space to store 10 pounds of butter haha

Every now and then I have to grab breakfast on my way to work. Shits like $5 for a breakfast sandwich alone most places I prefer. Sometimes I have to buy lunch as well. $6-$7 for a to go salad. I guess food prices and places jacking minimum wage is really kicking in.

Lately buying in bulk at Costco has been the best option. Even though it is just me and my wife. Fortunately we have the space to store 10 pounds of butter haha
Hit the Chic-Fil-A drive through yesterday. It was $30 bucks for 3 combos. I could sit down at a restaurant for close to that. No such thing as cheap anything anymore.

Hit the Chic-Fil-A drive through yesterday. It was $30 bucks for 3 combos. I could sit down at a restaurant for close to that. No such thing as cheap anything anymore.
I'd love to know what restaurant you could sit down at today and 3 people eat meals and get out the door for anything close to $30.

I guess food prices and places jacking minimum wage is really kicking in.

This is why I always chuckle when people start pounding their chest about 'Buying American' and 'bringing back jobs'...awesome, chances are you can't afford it. People freaking out about absorbing $15/hr labor...imagine if they're paying for skilled/precision labor.

This is why I always chuckle when people start pounding their chest about 'Buying American' and 'bringing back jobs'...awesome, chances are you can't afford it. People freaking out about absorbing $15/hr labor...imagine if they're paying for skilled/precision labor.
Careful, we'll have to start talking about illegal immigration undermining the incomes of the middle class, and then the thread will have to get moved to the Garage.

I totally agree on it being a major issue
And disagree w/ only 20% compared to 2 years ago.

But I guess they'd know better than me?
They just means your product purchase distribution is abnormal

I'm not sure I'd really consider that a "sit-down restaurant". I mean yes they have tables and you can sit, but so does McDonalds... and chic fil A

Last edited:
They just means your product purchase distribution is abnormal
yup, Or at least "not the same as a Walmart shopper." Thats why I said they will know the actual large scale tren better than I would.

While I find this no surprise, it surprises me that the world bank is surprised.
Sounds like playing pin the tail on the donkey and refusing to believe your using a donkey. Fitting since the World theater seems to be playing a gigantic game of "Jackass" with banking and politics.

Sounds like playing pin the tail on the donkey and refusing to believe your using a donkey. Fitting since the World theater seems to be playing a gigantic game of "Jackass" with banking and politics.
Centralized anything means we all have the same problem at the same time. Decentralization from the top down is the only answer

Centralized anything means we all have the same problem at the same time. Decentralization from the top down is the only answer
Yes and let money be made and handled by those interested in the earning and get government out of our pockets so deep and out of the damn way.

Tonya saw this on FB this morning. I wasn’t exactly sure where to post it but figured here was as good as anywhere.$25/hour to load hay,I got $3/hour when I was a kid.
88F25E88-0B3F-4DFC-BA35-ECFB9387F23F.jpeg

Tonya saw this on FB this morning. I wasn’t exactly sure where to post it but figured here was as good as anywhere.$25/hour to load hay,I got $3/hour when I was a kid.
View attachment 397751
$25/hr sure as shit wouldn't get me out to load square bales by hand!

Granted I haven’t loaded hay in a loooong time but $25/hour seems awful high to me.BUT if you’re growing high dollar hay for the horse crowd I guess you can pay it.

Granted I haven’t loaded hay in a loooong time but $25/hour seems awful high to me.BUT if you’re growing high dollar hay for the horse crowd I guess you can pay it.
Its only 1 day, 8 hours. In the grand scheme of things the difference between $15 vs 25 isn't a lot of money, and this way ensures they'll have lots of hands

View attachment 397751

You got paid? I got told I was earning my keep and that the only pay I got was a roof over my head!

You got paid? I got told I was earning my keep and that the only pay I got was a roof over my head!
I was working for other people.

Back