Inner tubes...

jay4th

Can you put inner tubes in a 44" super swamper tsl tire? If you can are they $$$

if you are offroading it seems you could pinch a tube easily.

Sure can, and it's a good ideal. I run tubes in all 4 of my 42's and wouldn't have it any other way. It will make sure you don't loose air if you pop a bead also. Did that at harlan fall crawl. Noticed when I started cleaning the mud off.

Sure can, and it's a good ideal. I run tubes in all 4 of my 42's and wouldn't have it any other way. It will make sure you don't loose air if you pop a bead also. Did that at harlan fall crawl. Noticed when I started cleaning the mud off.

Where can I find some for 44's I looked around the Internet didn't see anything useful.

most tire shops can special order them my buddy had some he bought 44's that were slashed for 100$ brand new other than the small cut and he got tubes for them

For those that Know Terri Moorefield. He didn't carry a spare tire, he carried an inner tube. If he busted a tire, he'd throw the tube in it, and air up. I always thought it was a good space saver idea. He's always been full of those kinds of ideas.

does the tube use the existing hole for the valve stem or do yo have to drill the rim if you want to run permanent tubes? School me, I have never run a tube on anything other than a bike, and the valve stem did not "seat" in the hole in the rim, just sort of floated there.

does the tube use the existing hole for the valve stem or do yo have to drill the rim if you want to run permanent tubes? School me, I have never run a tube on anything other than a bike, and the valve stem did not "seat" in the hole in the rim, just sort of floated there.
Existing hole.

Hmm, tractor tubes should be ok right? I could find some pretty easily, just not sure since they run low pressure, and I need something that would handle 30+ psi as a spare for my truck on 37s on the road since I have a bald 39.5 irok that has a little slash in the sidewall.

I'm in the same boat. Just slashed 2 5" cuts in my 49" irok. The retread guy is trying to vulcanize a patch into it but he says he's not real sure it'll hold. So it'll have to have a tube. This will just be my spare now I guess.

anybody know where to get tubes, my 39.5 irok has 2 small slices, tires like brand new, also if I'm runnin beadlocks could this intefere with the tube somehow?

Is there a down-side to running tubes? Seems kind of like a no brainer if you have a cut or hole in an expensive tire.

What about running an "undersized" tube inside of a normally inflated tire? The tube woldn't be pressed completely out against the tread so if you ran over a nail, rock, etc that punctured the tire, the tube might survive. Would that work or is it crazy? There may be a problem pressurizing the tube with out fully inflating it, not sure. Also, maybe a problem with different pressures in tire vs tube; again not sure how that would work out. How would you handle the valve stems (2 per tire)?
Goofy?? :confused:

I have a problem w/my TSL's just going flat sitting in the barn for no apparent reason. Not even sitting for all that long; maybe a week or so at a time.

Is there a down-side to running tubes? Seems kind of like a no brainer if you have a cut or hole in an expensive tire.
What about running an "undersized" tube inside of a normally inflated tire? The tube woldn't be pressed completely out against the tread so if you ran over a nail, rock, etc that punctured the tire, the tube might survive. Would that work or is it crazy? There may be a problem pressurizing the tube with out fully inflating it, not sure. Also, maybe a problem with different pressures in tire vs tube; again not sure how that would work out. How would you handle the valve stems (2 per tire)?
Goofy?? :confused:
I have a problem w/my TSL's just going flat sitting in the barn for no apparent reason. Not even sitting for all that long; maybe a week or so at a time.

I would think you'd need to drill a new hole in the rim for the tube to be aired. I would anticipate your tire losing air through the inner tube hole as with this type of setup. Furthermore, if you're driving it on the street I imagine you'd have a helluva time getting that thing balanced.

Yeah, I guess it would be really tough to seal the hole for the tube stem enough to hold air in the tire itself. Any other thoughts or experience with tubes?

A point here...

If you tried to inflate a tube above a pressure inside a tire, it would just push the air outside the tube out thru the hole where the tube valve comes thru the wheel, until it displaced all the air in the tire. This happens every time you inflate a tube inside of a tire. Smaller tube wouldnt help. It will just expand. Something as stiff as a racing innerliner works cuz it is just like a tire inside a tire. It only expands a bit. Not like a tube.

Otherwise, I dont see why a tube wouldnt work in an offroad tire. Many years ago we raced dirt cars with tubes in the tires, (before beadlocks), with 8-12 psi. Just used lots of baby powder to keep the tubes from chaffing!

TIRES

I have the ones that came off the truck I bought from you never ran them swap to 1ton stuff take $250.00 tires only. That is the red 87 chevy still aired up on wheels PM me if interested.:smokin::Rockon:

How do you understand the sizing of these tubes?!?!?! I looked at some tube size charts on the I-net and was LOST! I'm lookin for a radial tube for a 37x12.5x15 tire...any sugestions on what size tube to get?
Don't mean to Hi-Jack- just ALSO seeking the same info as the poster. Thanx!

Back