Inspection in durham/raleigh

cj777

It's time to get my TJ inspected and I'm looking for a more offroad friendly inspection station. My Jeep is street legal and will pass emissions with no problems. I've just been hassled in the past for nonsense items like tires sticking out past flares, etc. Any recommendations?

Swing by the inspection station over where ECGS used to be......I doubt he will give you any issues.

Great thread!

I was going to post the exact same thing in June when I am up for inspection.

Same vehicle. A legal TJ.

Let me know where you end up going and how your inspection is.

What things has the NC4X4 crowd been hit with in the past?

What were you hassled with?

What made your rig non pass?

I've taken mine to the Jiffy Lube off 55 in front of Food Lion and haven't had any problems. When I took it last month somehow I was only there 10 mins and was out the door.

What things has the NC4X4 crowd been hit with in the past?
What were you hassled with?
What made your rig non pass?

While having my 05 LJ inspected last month at a place in Chapel Hill I asked if they could cut about 7 inches out of the tailpipe so it didn't stick out as much (don't want to pretzel it), figured it would be a quick $20 job. Said they couldn't do it b/c it wouldn't pass inspection if you shorten it up at all. Geez, gimme a break. I bet if I shortened it myself and took it for inspection there wouldn't be an issue.

I have been taking my 99 TJ to Jiffy Lube on Creedmor Rd south of 540 for about 3-4 years now and I have never had an issue.

I take mine over to Parrots Automotive, Greg never gives me a hard time.. Just tell him Lulu (lauren) sent you and ask if he can help you out.

I've taken mine to the Jiffy Lube off 55 in front of Food Lion and haven't had any problems. When I took it last month somehow I was only there 10 mins and was out the door.
To follow up on this thread....I took my TJ to the Jiffy Lube on 55. At first they said they couldn't inspect it because "That big ass Jeep won't fit on our lifts." Eventually one of the guys was willing to "try to get it on the lift." :lol: They got it on and it passed without any hassle.

Back