International's new Lonestar model

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
Gotta admit, the competition looks pretty pimp.

awww.blogsmithmedia.com_www.autoblog.com_media_2008_02_0002lonestar_chi.jpg

awww.blogsmithmedia.com_www.autoblog.com_media_2008_02_03zzlonestar_chi.jpg

awww.blogsmithmedia.com_www.autoblog.com_media_2008_02_0008lonestar_chi.jpg

More pics here:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/international-lonestar/629478/

I think it looks pretty cool but will truckers like it? It's kind of flashy and pretty.

Looks good but i still love the look of an old classic 379 Pete. Cant beat a long nose with 8" stacks, a 48" flattop sleeper, flat black paint, and a 550 CAT. I like the look of my T-800 but the old style is the best.

reminds me of that movie where to trucks/machinery go crazy and the leader of them has the evil clown face on the front...

Isn't it supposed to be really slippery, too? I know for a long time, the Volvos were some of the best out there, but I think I saw a release on the International that it had the lowest wind drag of any rig on the market... supposed to save $3-5k in fuel per year over the "average" rate. I thought that blurb was in the autoblog article, but I don't see it now.

That's right, just keep telling yourselves the leasing fleets will continue to buy those fawkin' butt ugly "Vulvas"... somebody will need to shovel it, whether it's fowl or bovine! :flipoff2:

Right now volvo still has the best ride and quitest cab of all. They also hold up alot beter than some of the other brands we have in our fleet.

That's right, just keep telling yourselves the leasing fleets will continue to buy those fawkin' butt ugly "Vulvas"... somebody will need to shovel it, whether it's fowl or bovine! :flipoff2:
butt ugly, not my call. I'm just a lowly chassis engineer who supports whatever sheetmetal and fiberglass "they" design :fuck-you:

Isn't it supposed to be really slippery, too? I know for a long time, the Volvos were some of the best out there, but I think I saw a release on the International that it had the lowest wind drag of any rig on the market... supposed to save $3-5k in fuel per year over the "average" rate. I thought that blurb was in the autoblog article, but I don't see it now.

I believe you might be thinking of the ProStar model from International. That is their new sleek highway tractor that was introduced in 2007.

sm_family.jpg

reminds me of that movie where to trucks/machinery go crazy and the leader of them has the evil clown face on the front...
Your talking about Maximum Overdrive. I love that movie and the truck. Man i had to go back and look at the movie since you said something. You got to love that old 2 stroke detroit sound, and the air starter on the old international at the little gas station.

Volvo

The problem with the Volvo is the weight, right at 21,000lb for their big sleeper model. (thats low on fuel too).

Back