Ironman 4x4???

GSRswapandslow

so i'm looking to upgrade stuff on my XJ....and steering is one thing i want done soon since my balljoint/tre's are shot.....i was going to go with rugged ridge but am getting a LOT of mixed opinions on said products.....and then i see this guys stuff. he's located in NC...so that's cool...like 3.5 hours from me..

anyone ever use his stuff? or have pictures of his products? i saw his site and all, but couldn't really find anything about him on here

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/

Andy is a great guy and makes some great products. he is a sponsor over on NAXJA.

he started out small and is going big pretty quick.

he actually delivered my upper arms to me (he was passing thru anyways)

rugged ridge steering is great I ran it before axle upgrade, a few of the other local rigs run it aswell and no complaints at all

yeah...brandon said it was good stuff....but i keep reading a lot of negative about it. now, i'm not one to listen to everything i read on the internet...but i haven't really had a chance to actually look at it in person.

ive never known anything rr to be known as "tough"...but the price is always right....

IronMan4x4Fab makes the beefiest stuff you can buy. Andy is a great guy to deal with and his stuff ships fast. Get the heavy duty arms, they come with Johnny Joints.

Sure I'm sponsored by him, but I can tell you this. I wouldn't race his stuff if I didn't think it would hold up.

IronMan4x4Fab makes the beefiest stuff you can buy. Andy is a great guy to deal with and his stuff ships fast. Get the heavy duty arms, they come with Johnny Joints.

Sure I'm sponsored by him, but I can tell you this. I wouldn't race his stuff if I didn't think it would hold up.

i've already got a lift on.....i'm just looking for steering upgrades

i e-mailed him and he told me he'd run the terraflex knuckle and build off that...but i'm looking for something cheaper

and the biggest problem with the rugged ridge is the fact that the TRE's are RR only units and it'd be hell if i broke one on the trail like a lot of folks seem to be doing. but anythign i get, I plan to order through Brandon at Rides:driver:

I met him and was talking to him about some control arms and he showed me a pair that he had with him and I was impressed with the quality.

i've already got a lift on.....i'm just looking for steering upgrades
i e-mailed him and he told me he'd run the terraflex knuckle and build off that...but i'm looking for something cheaper
and the biggest problem with the rugged ridge is the fact that the TRE's are RR only units and it'd be hell if i broke one on the trail like a lot of folks seem to be doing. but anythign i get, I plan to order through Brandon at Rides:driver:

I very highly doubt rr has a contract with a foundry and a machine shop to produce tre's. They are used on some vehicle, you'd just need to find out whick one.

Steering is not the place to use "Cheap" as you're only criteria. What about ECGS? They are a sponsor here.

What kind've upgrades are you wanting? I was thinking WJ knuckles myself. Tie rods would be made at MarsFab using whatever heims he decides to use. The Teraflex knuckles are way too pricey.

i dont think they are oe because they use 7/8 shank and one the tre mated to the standard taper on the where it goes through the knuckle. i dont know the quality of the ends themself but the tubing is 1 1/4 od .250 wall. i am using it on my ecors cherokee and ive bent it but its not bent bad and i drive the cherokee like my buggy.

yeah....you do have a point on that..

imma call you tomorrow, see how much that/alignment/balance tires will be. imma try to drop the jeep off this week sometime if possible

Does anybody know if Andy's tie rod uses one of the common TREs?

He uses a Dodge TRE, just call him if you got any questions - 704-796-3502

OH and looks like he's having a Black Friday sale, so tell your wives! lol

Looks like ironman4x4 may be a 2011 ECORS sponsor...I am very impressed by what i have seen...as for RR...not so much.

I fully support Brandon and his work at Rides, but I think RR leaves MUCH to be desired.

well the RR is on the jeep........brandon assures me (as have some other folks in BDB) that it's more than adequate on my jeep. it was also the right price and was bought/installed in a day.

Back