Is anyone else running 52's

I've never had any, but have ridden and seen lots of people with them at Tellico. From what I saw they sucked ass, no traction even aired way down and when it was wet ...forget about it.

BIGWOODY said:
I've never had any, but have ridden and seen lots of people with them at Tellico. From what I saw they sucked ass, no traction even aired way down and when it was wet ...forget about it.

What he said. Yea, they are big and cheap, but they are for 40000# trucks. Thick a$$, hard, heavy rubber that does not grip anything like a swamper much less a krawler. I have 385/75-20 goodyears on my buggy and if it's wet-THEY SUCK. They are softer and flex better than the michelins, and you had better be a bad mofo to put one on by yourself. As heavy as mine are, it seems like you would need a crane to put on a 52.

firetoy said:
what things have you seen done to aid traction?
Taking them off and replacing them with tires designed for a vehicle less than 40k lbs....seriously, I've seen people grove them. But I've never seen a set on anything that impressed me in the least, no matter how much they cut them.

Maybe if you soaked them in a pool full of the tire softener that the roundy-round guys use?

I've seen 'em grooved, to include the sidewalls, big lugs cut out of the tread, etc.. Still no traction, but they worked just because they offered so much clearance, not because they offered traction to get over the rock.

i'd try siping the fawk out of them.

Back