Is there any leaf spring makers around?

6BangBronk

Is there any options in NC (or border state) for getting a set of custom leaf springs made? I am in the market for a set of front springs for a 79 F250 (around 6" lift) and the only option I can find is buying a set of springs from a local dealer anywhere between $700-$800 a set of 2 (that includes taxes and shipping). 90% of the dealers inform me that the big 3 or 4 suspension manufacturers only sell a "kit" with rear blocks, u-bolts and such in which I will be doing a shackel flip instead. Blocks went out of style around 25 years ago?:rolleyes: I found just the springs slightly cheaper on Ebay for $660 shipped with bushings.

If you look at metal prices, I think even after labor those prices are plain gouging... :confused: I even have springs that could be re-arched as well? Someone would think the race state capital of the world (NC) where anything on wheels gets raced would have a leaf spring maker somewhere?

I have searched "nc leaf springs" extensively with no prevail.

:beer:

Salem spring in Winston Salem Nc did me a set for the tool truck. The dealer wanted $1300 for one spring, they did a hd pair for around $800 that also lifted the tool truck 2". Very happy with the service.

I had just found Salem Spring (now called Auto Spring Co.) right after you posted. Looks like they are the only place in NC with the art...

Thanks!

Salem did a custom set for me about 7 years ago,,,they guy who bought the Cj from me still runs em today,,,

I custom order some leafs for my old Jeep from Alcan. Service was great, they asked many questions of what I was doing, lift, engine size, gearing etc.. They do leafs custom leafs so can't hurt to give em a call. Shipping wasn't that bad either..

You may want to check Colfax Trailer in Greensboro ( near the Farmer's Market). I know they re-arc leaf springs, they may make leaf springs too.

springs

ther is a place in Charlotte called Spring Service I used to use them back a few years ago always did me proud. they are located over near the metrolina fairgrounds. will try to get a # for ya. Built a few spings packs for our yard switchers.

You may want to check Colfax Trailer in Greensboro ( near the Farmer's Market). I know they re-arc leaf springs, they may make leaf springs too.

Re-arcing is probably a better price. Will definately check that option out in G-boro if I do the rears since I can move hangers easily. Now I think about it, front's pretty set on distance between eye's. Can't re-arc my stockies. But I'll see if they make them.

Thanks!

ther is a place in Charlotte called Spring Service I used to use them back a few years ago always did me pround. they are located over near the metrolina fairgrounds. will try to get a # for ya. Built a few spings packs for our yard switchers.

Winston Spring is a couple hours closer. Fleetpride is just down the road. I'll keep these guys in my back pocket though.

Thanks bootsyj!

Back