Is this in my transmission?

Jason924R

Alright, well after the conversion the 4Runner drove well for a few days, fucked up, and then was fine again for a few days. I stalled out at a light on the way back from my friends house (the truck was hot, had been driving) I crank it up and ease out of 1st to a heavy grinding/locking. I ease it over to a corner gas station to be parked overnight. Had it towed home the next day. Sat in the driveway for over a week. Last night towing out of my driveway to get it on the street to tow to CRSU, I ease in R to just start rolling, and before I have time to take it out of Reverse my buddy JERKS me. grind grind LOCK! snapped a front-top u-joint? My friend watching said the whole front end jumped up.

Stumped on this one.....

WHATS WRONG!

I will take a shot with what info you offered. :confused: Did you put gear oil in all the right places? Have you been driving around in 4wd?

Are you sure your axles are geared the same?

why was your front driveshaft turning?

ring gear busted and binding.

jack it up with d-shaft not connected see if you can spin the tires, if you can't ring gear. if wheels spin free diconected from tranny then it is in the tranny.

or as rich said if it was in fourwheel drive and your axle ratio is way off it will bind and something will brake.

Back