Janet Becker (URE host) help

Rockeater

"Don't mean to butt in here, BUT Janet will be sporting a new (to her) electric golf cart this weekend. It's white, has new batteries, a top and enclosure for bad weather, and is being supplied by a dealer whose wife also has Multiple Sclerosis. The cart got a no-sweat approval from the USFS for use in the campground and it should be delivered Thursday or Friday, I think. In addition, the USFS has given her a fuel allowance for her car for going those places she can't take the cart. Janet suggested that a cart would be better than wasting a truck every weekend in her driveway, so the USFS immediately put up the fuel allowance."

Thanks everyone
JB

lomodyj said:
JB, you know I'm in, just let me know where to send some $$$.
Guess that would help huh ? Monies can be sent to my Paypal account at
jbarclayiv@earthlink.net I will in turn send the monies on to the correct people.
I DARE someone to match me $50. :D
Thanks guys !
JB

John, I just got an email from Don Custer about this, you might have too, if not I'll forward it to ya.

John, I'll make a deal. IF we end up having to pay for the cart. I'll set up the paypal account we talked about, and I will personally donate the amount of the service fee (3.5%) taken on each payment and I will double it (total of 7% of all donations).

Thanks all ! I think she is good to go. Let's see what all pans out before we do anything more.

JB

I had a thread on Here. We are lifting the Cart on the 14th of may
we have the lift kit and half the donations for the tires and rims

Will C

I'm glad this whole issue was brought back up. I talked with Janet this past weekend. She tells me that SHE paid for the cart, it was not donated...SHE went and wheeled and dealed on the cart and got it for a little over $1000.00. The FS is letting her charge it on the camp ground electricity and put some official looking FS stickers on it (mostly so that nobody could go..."well she's driving a cart around...I guess I can bring mine along when I camp..."

Here is what I'm willing to do. I'll get Janet's paypal address (if she doesn't have one, I'll create one for her) and we can make donations into it. She can use it to pay off the loan on the cart or buy herself some fancy dresses...I don't care. Whatever money is paypal'd into her account, I will personally donate 2x the paypal fee (IOW, if we donate $1000 and there is $35.00 in fee's, I'll pay up $70)

Where did anyone get the idea that she DIDN'T pay for the cart herself? Yes, she paid for the cart herself with help from some silent partners, and it was supplied by a dealer whose owner is married to a woman with MS, just as was stated in the quoted post, and I should know, that was my e-mail to Don Custer.

Contrary to what seems to be going on here and in PMs and e-mails, Janet is NOT a helpless cripple, she is a perfectly functional person with a disability, and between all the numerous PMs and the e-mails, I'm a bit tired of trying to fight the plethora of misinformation and rumors and untangling all the conclusions so many seem to have jumped to.

To those who have bothered to go to a RELIABLE source for info and who have volunteered to do the lift, I heartily thank you. You are the people who make 4 wheeling a respectable hobby. To those who can't seem to "get it" and go about stirring up pure unadulterated BS, please find someone else to annoy. You have apparently involved several innocent well-intentioned people with your misinformed irresponsible bullshit, and you know who you are.

And if this post offends anyone, I really don't give a damn.

Back