JD2

HDMike

If this needs to be in a different section feel free to move the thread where it belongs

I had purchased a tube bender from them a while back but this has nothing to do with bending tube.

I had brought some DIY beadlock wheels. The outside ring I needed cut down due to the OD being too much. JD2 also does any type fab work for customers so I called and asked if they could cut them down for me. I took them over and spent about 30-45 minutes talking to Bob the owner of JD2. He told me they had a new bigger CNC lathe coming that could handle the job if I could wait til it got in and working.

So the machine is in and I take them in and he lets me stand by and watch. Well for whatever reason he cuts the first down too far. He finishes the rest and tells me if that one doesn't work he will make another one. Now mind you they don't do anything in 3/8" diamond plate. I take them home and it's too much off the ring for my liking. I call Bob back and let him know.

After a couple weeks I call back to check on the ring and for him to make one ring from 3/8" diamond plate was going to be $6-700 for a sheet of 3/8" diamond plate. He said he had to buy a whole sheet, not just enough to cut out the one ring.

Bob then tells me if I was doing 1/4" steel no problem. He then tells me if I can find someone that can make them he would buy me new set. So I spend a week or so trying to find someone that can make an aluminum set. No luck! I call Bob back and we discuss it and I tell him if he would go ahead and make me a new set from 1/4" plate. He then tells me he will and will powder coat them any color I want.

So I have new set of outer DIY rings powder coated a brite silver. I'll post a pic later.

Now I don't bring him thousands of dollars worth of business, but he dang sure treated me like one of his top customers! If every business treated their customers, big or small, they wouldn't ever have to worry about closing their doors.

So in the future if I need something bender or fabbing wise my first call will be to JD2!!!

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_974603_fullsize_20130416_115612.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_974602_fullsize_20130416_120214.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_974601_fullsize_20130416_120227.jpg

I had no idea they were in Johnson City. :beer:

Back