jeep cherokee lift

ChrisMc

I currently have a RC 3'' lift, I wanna go 1.5 more inches with a coil spacer lift and shackles. What am I going to have to do?

SYE or t-case drop?
extend brake lines?
drive shafts?
shocks?

right now i have about 7 inches of lift and i just installed a slip yoke and cv driveshaft which has eliminated 99% of my drivetrain vibes so if your financials allow you i would recommend that but if not the t-case drop is a lot cheaper and will help alot. i had the t-case drop on my jeep when i had about 5 inches of lift and it cut down on alot of vibes. unless your original rough country kit came with extended brake lines, you are definately going to need extended stainless brake lines. your shocks should be fine for another 1.5 inches but i would recommend either new control arms or the RC control arm drop brackets. ive got the drop brackets on mine and they increased my ride quality by a pretty good amount. the only other thing i can really think about right now that you should really get is an adjustable trac bar.

if i were you i would DEFINATELY do the brake lines, t-case drop, and adjustable trac bar. ive been through most of this crap so if you need any other advise or ideas or anything your more that welcome to PM me

i would vote against a tcase drop if your d30 is a low pinion. it will only make more vibes. i have seen a lot of people cruise around on 4.5 with no sye. then again every jeep has different results. why exactly do you want to lift it more by 1.5"?

Hey man i got put a 4.5 inch RC lift on my 96xj and the only thing i done was lower my transfer case down 1 inch and didn't have to extend my brake lines or nothing and also be sure to put steering stabilizer bars on for the speed wobble

I just recently put n a 4.5 inch lift on my 90' xj. It came with the extended brake lines which saved a few bucks. As for the t-case drop, one came with it but we never put it in and i havent had a single problem yet. If u are gonna be doin some decent flexing when youre offroading i would def go with the extended brake lines because your stock ones will be to short and they will become sort of like "limiting straps" to ur flex and if one "pops" or snaps off...u will be :poop: out of luck.
Hope it helps. Happy driving.:driver:

Back