Jeep J-10 Build

rockhardpeterkin

Picked up an old J-10 from a friend of mine, he left for the navy 2 years ago and never finished it up. But heres what its got:
AMC 360
Manual Trans
Dana 44s front and back
SOA, with shackle fliped rear
2in body lift
Fuel Cell
Beadlocks
Bumpers
Sliders
Whats on the plan:
Get it running, needs a battery
Find some tires
Give it a paint job
Heres what it looked like when i picked it up today.
ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg181_elmerfudd11691_J_10_J_10.jpg

ai248.photobucket.com_albums_gg181_elmerfudd11691_J_10_J10.jpg

http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/FSJ10/

Here's the site for my J10, and I am considering selling these rims w/ the 33x12.5x15 Cepek F-C IIs. The tires only have 3000 miles on them. They ride great and no rubbing at all w/the 3" body lift I have on the J10. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. $900 for tires and rims.

Only thing is, I won't be ready to let go of these tires and rims till Sept. 10.

damn dude nice if you need any help on it let me know

http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/FSJ10/
Here's the site for my J10, and I am considering selling these rims w/ the 33x12.5x15 Cepek F-C IIs. The tires only have 3000 miles on them. They ride great and no rubbing at all w/the 3" body lift I have on the J10. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. $900 for tires and rims.
Only thing is, I won't be ready to let go of these tires and rims till Sept. 10.

I might be interested in the rims. Are they the factory rims? Any rust? Price?

Also I like your front bumper what is it off???

The bumper is off a 2007 JK Wrangler. The rims are not stock. I'll try to get some closeup pics of the rims and tires on my photobucket site in the next few days. There is no rust on the rims, but there is some scuffing of the chrome. I don't know what make the rims are. They were on the J10 when I bought it. They look good, but I want to put some black steelies on her. $200 for the rims.

Also, I will be selling the Holley 750 dual pumper in September, as soon as I get the new smaller carb. I think the 750 is a little too big for the 360 and I am going to get a smaller Holley. The 750 only has 3000 miles worth of gas run through it. $375 for the Holley 750. It is almost new.

//

yeah its a 78, worked on it a little started up on starter fluid but needs a fuel pump. any suggestions? i wanna go electric.

Ben

I have had so many Jeep fuel pumps go out on me over the decades it's kinda funny. Most of the time the diaphragm in the cracks and they pump the crank case full of fuel. But, on a Jeep I drive regularly, I have had no issues. A stock mechanical pump will turn the 360 just fine, and is cheaper than a decent electric pump. No for the woods, when I had a carb, I had issues with it loosing the fuel in the bowl when I was parked up hill on a steep grade. I put a electric pump in line to pump up the fuel when I had this issue. Believe me, your starter will love ya for it. I used a little $20 purolater type from Advance. They are actually powerful enough to keep the engine running, but for that money, I would never trust them to be the only pump.

great

Great thanks for the help, this may be a dumb question but did you leave the mechanical pump hooked up and running?

Ben

Yes I did. When the gas would siphon back, the electric pump will pull or push right through the mechanical pump

Great

Alright, sounds good, well my fuel pump is shot so i may save the money and just do an electric one for the time being and see how it goes. Thanks so much for the help. Anyone got 2 16" wheels?

Ben

Back