Jeep Mechanics in Charlotte

stayXbrutal

Im in college and don't have all the tools I wish I had to work on my heep, but can anyone recommend a shop that does general engine work?

Right now my engine is sputtering like crazy and low speeds and Im no sure if it's the TPS or not but I'd like to get a mechanic's opinion.

I heard about Tarheel 4x4 but Ive also heard they are not cheap at all.

I'm in a similar situation...only a few tools and I live in an apartment complex. Think I have the "angry sparrow" problem and need the u-joints replaced. Also, a mechanic said I need a new tie rod end and it would cost $150. Is there someone around Charlotte that can do it cheaper???

advice to both of you, hang out on here for awhile go to a couple meet n greets and meet some guys. my guess is after you make a few friends they will let you use garage/tools for nothing and will probably help turn wrenches. i did this and met tons of new ppl and guys willing to let me hunt with them mow my grass and just give me jeep parts. good luck and :beer:

A plug for a guy I used to work for. Christian guy (Pete Robinson) is now the manager of the Meineke in Denver. Great guy and knows his stuff - like a walking encyclopedia of car knowledge.

I'd trust him with everything I have and have no reason to believe he would steer you wrong.

Store #2056
7270 NC Highway 73 Denver, NC 28037
think their number is : 704-827-9544

He might know his stuff, but he may also try to rip you off. He is quickly gaining a reputation as someone who will attempt to sale you unneeded parts and services for your car.
Additionally, when he left his previous Auto Care Employers he was accused of cleaning-out their customer database of names for his use in Denver. Nice guy, yes on the surface, but underneath could be a possible slimeball.

Thanks

@ Xtreme Quad-
Thank you so much for your kind words about me. I really appreciate your reference.

@ Honest Abe-
Not sure where you get your information from about taking customer data, (apparently you've visited my previous shop that tells people I am taking their customers, and their sales declined after I left, and this is completely false) but I build personal relationships with my customers based on trust. People I have taken care of for many years come to me all on their own. This is a natural occurence when you treat a customer with respect and dignity.

For your information, I have never, and will never, "rip someone off" as you state. I do believe in maintaining your vehicle, and I am willing to suggest (never require) that a customer perform scheduled, or preventative maintenance or a repair that is needed on their vehicle.

Now, I'm not sure exactly what your beef is, but if I told you or someone you know a vehicle needed a repair or a maintenance that you disagreed with, or had a car fixed somewhere else or by yourself for cheaper, or bought the part at an Autozone for less, these are all complaints every single automotive facility hears day in and day out. A typical consumer in today's economy knows very well that having your vehicle repaired by a facility such as ours, or any other professional repair shop, charges more than you would pay if you went to the local auto parts store and install the parts yourself (or by some some friend doing mechanic work on the side).

Every business, including auto parts stores, and the like, generates a profit of some sort on their products. This is the nature of a "business." Our business is no different. I stand behind each and every repair I perform, too. I have fixed thousands of cars over my 21 years in this field. And I have thousands of customers that I have relationships with. This is very meaningful and important to me.

Please feel free to contact me, or stop by at the address Xtreme Quad posted above. I'd really be interested in speaking with you further.

Custom Exhaust- You Bet!

@ ABadJeeper-

Custom exhaust is our specialty! 3 of us at this location, including myself have over 20 years experience each bending pipe. We offer everything (legal only, of course- we don't eliminate catalytic converters without the proper off-road documentation) from manifolds, installing headers, pipe bending, catalytic converters (including OBDII compliant ones) flowmasters, glasspacks, turbos, dual-exhaust, stainless tips, etc.

I can quote you some prices if you let me know what you'd like to have.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Pete

@ Xtreme Quad-
Not sure where you get your information from about taking customer data, (apparently you've visited my previous shop that tells people I am taking their customers, and their sales declined after I left, and this is completely false) but I build personal relationships with my customers based on trust. People I have taken care of for many years come to me all on their own. This is a natural occurence when you treat a customer with respect and dignity.
Every business, including auto parts stores, and the like, generates a profit of some sort on their products. This is the nature of a "business." Our business is no different. I stand behind each and every repair I perform, too. I have fixed thousands of cars over my 21 years in this field. .

You seem to have avoided addressing the point directly.
So your saying that previous customers from Huntersville and Concord just happened to find you miles away in Denver now that you quit at the other locations. And even though you knew you were leaving to start your own business... you didn't use/keep/copy/take any of your previous employers customer databases when you left those locations, and that you didn't contact any of them?

As for unnecessary service. Its the oldest trick in the auto industry book to sale people parts and services they don't actually need. Now, can this be legitimized by saying that they actually got something for their money? Some would try to say that... but many of us would not see it as ethical.

Wow.

Honest Abe,

Actually, I did address your point directly.

But here it is again, a little more direct: Your question was: Do I have data from other businesses? Answer: Absolutely not. I have no customer database information from anywhere I worked. Like I said, customers seek those who treat them with respect and dignity. This is a natural occurrence.

Think of this sort of like a hairdresser. When your wife finds one that she likes, and he/she moves, so might she. I even have a regular customer that drives all the way from Columbia, SC about once every 3 months, and I have even put his family up at my house while I work on their car. These are the valued relationships I spoke of in my last post.

In reality though, Honest Abe, by scale, I have had only a few customers make the drive from Concord, or other locations. I am building relationships right here in Denver with people who are just walking through the door. So far, over 70% of the customers who have visited us have returned one or more times. If I'm ripping everyone off, I would expect that number to be MUCH lower.

Once again, Honest Abe, I would like you to stop by or call me. Instead of posting your anger on this forum, why not contact me? I'd really like to know what your problem actually is, and what it will take to make things right between us.

Happy New Year, everyone!

@ ABadJeeper-
Custom exhaust is our specialty! 3 of us at this location, including myself have over 20 years experience each bending pipe. We offer everything (legal only, of course- we don't eliminate catalytic converters without the proper off-road documentation) from manifolds, installing headers, pipe bending, catalytic converters (including OBDII compliant ones) flowmasters, glasspacks, turbos, dual-exhaust, stainless tips, etc.
I can quote you some prices if you let me know what you'd like to have.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Pete
Vendor Subscriptions

For members with a 4×4-related business, a Vendor subscription of $50 per year is required to advertise products or services. Vendors are designated with a yellow diamond “trail blaze” next to their names.

Vendor Member accounts include all of the above upgrades plus the following:

* An upgraded PM box to store a max. of 400 messages.
* Ability to add a banner ad to signature.
* Ability to post in the Vendor Specials Forum.
* Your business listed in the NC4×4 Vendor Index.

To become a Vendor, proof of a business license is required. Contact a Forum Administrator for more details. You can read more about the Vendor program in this thread.

MeinekeGuy... the Hairdresser comparison is lame at best.
Even though a Hairdresser can try and sale you the overpriced Hair Products from their Salon... They can't tell you that you need extra work to your hair. They can't take your head, nor your hair, away and into another room for analysis and recommendations. They can't imply anything different than what a customer can see in the mirror, and they can't use customer ignorance to increase their Salon's bottom-line.
Additionally, the State doesn't require customers to come in yearly for an annual Hair Inspections. And if they did, customers would be smart enought and self-aware enought to know when a problem was evident. Hair care is simple and Ladies know the basics, unlike Automobile Maintenance and Repair where many rely on your ethics.
Your seem to be an intelligent guy... smart enough to realize that both God and the public are watching you.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have to say that meinekeguy has handled the personal libel much better than I would have.

@Honest Abe
Once again, Honest Abe, I would like you to stop by or call me. Instead of posting your anger on this forum, why not contact me? I'd really like to know what your problem actually is, and what it will take to make things right between us.

Honest Abe, I think it's fair to say that customers are allowed to follow an ex-employee to a new business. I've had more than one client call my cellphone or actually stop by my house after I left an employer to ask where I was going to work next, so they could move their accounts. I can name three or four reps that I work directly with that have moved from a major supplier that I use and when they told me they were leaving, I told them I would track them down if they didn't tell me where they were going.

i want you guys to flame me. I'm about to pay $430 for a water pump install and thermostat, as well as a new valve cover. I was already told im an idiot of jeepforum. So my solution is to ask you guys near the UNCC area if you ever have a free weekend if it is appropriate for me to ask for some help. I don't have a garage or very many tools but can lend a helping hand...

thanks

i want you guys to flame me. I'm about to pay $430 for a water pump install and thermostat, as well as a new valve cover. I was already told im an idiot of jeepforum. So my solution is to ask you guys near the UNCC area if you ever have a free weekend if it is appropriate for me to ask for some help. I don't have a garage or very many tools but can lend a helping hand...

thanks

Hit me up with the vehicle info and I will get you a price from the guy I take my rig to.

it is a 1999 Jeep Wrangler. The jeep is in the shop now so I'm still going to end up getting ripped off. Should I try to haggle with the price?

Redlyner told me of a guy but he was near mountain island i think?

it is a 1999 Jeep Wrangler. The jeep is in the shop now so I'm still going to end up getting ripped off. Should I try to haggle with the price?

Redlyner told me of a guy but he was near mountain island i think?

I don't know how much to pay. The guy Redlyner mentioned is the same that I would recommend. It might be a little drive for you, but he will not do you wrong and knows his Jeeps. Well worth the drive just to see his rock garden.

I'll throw this in as well. If he's doing the work at the time you drop it off, he has no problem schooling you on how to do things. I know jack about working on a vehicle and he schools me every time I'm out there or talk to him on the phone.

Back