Jeep Update v2.8 - Exhaust stuff

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
Got my y-pipe done :smokin:

ended up using some ram horns to have more drive shaft clearence. Pipes are 2" 14ga (~.064) aluminized going into 3" single. More on the rest of the system later...

Attachments

• y-pipe01.jpg
    y-pipe01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 367
  • y-pipe03.jpg
    y-pipe03.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 382
WOWOWOWOW!

That came out better than I could have imagined!!

When the 350 goes in, I am gonna have to shamelessly copy that... forkin' sweet!!!!

(There's no WAY you're gonna win the beater class at the swap meet if you keep turning out sweet work like that!)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

A fresh 6-pack for ya on that!

thanks :) It took about 8 hours combined to do all that. Lots of trial / error, and test fitting. Bending the tube was the easiest part. There is definitly a nack to the joint and I could do a second pipe alot faster...

My theory is to have the long pipe have the smoothest flow into the main pipe, and the short one would be positioned to give a slight disruption to help balance them out...

Plus im really low so it took a lot of fine tuning to get the output exactly where i wanted it to be above the frame rail and have the attitude i wanted..

Is there a sleeper class ? When i paint it black you wont even see it in there :)

Had orig. planned duals, and had manifolds to do so, but with my engine placment being so low and as back as far as i could fit it, I have no room around the front driveshaft. (Id rather have the lower COG) So large single was the next option... And honestly im glad im going this route as it fits better with my gas tank plan...

Back