Jimmy or Jeff? Whos it gonna be?

bcammons21

So for all the nascar fans, whos it gonna be this weekend for the title?
Jimmy or Jeff?
Im really leanin towards Jimmy but Jeff Gordon is definetly there at the end.
So Im going with Jimmy myself.
How bout yall?:confused:

Who cares, they are both queers in disguise :)

I have only watched a few races this season, not hard to guess it is going to be a Hendrick car early on in the season...

I remember watching the Daytona 500 last year, during the race there was a commercial w/ Jimmy Johnson in it (advertising for Nextel), and he said he was going to win the cup that year. Guess what? He won it too...

It's all a money game. I heard on the radio JJ has to finish 18th or better to beat Jeff, so I would put my money on JJ.

I mean to me it dont matter what you think of them, they ARE the 2 best drivers in nascar now.
I mean they gotta get credit for that atleast, right?

Like I said, it is all a money thing. The team with the most money is going to be the team up front. I won't say they aren't great drivers, they have just got the money backing them, and I am sure they have found something that might not be in the rulebooks :)

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't winnin :)

EDIT: I am sure EVERY team cheats in one way or another, it's all part of racing, I'm not saying only Hendrick does it.

HAHAHA yeah well who knows
I say all fords cheat when they win and when a yota wins damn imma have to quit watchin nascar!
:flipoff: :lol:

I mean to me it dont matter what you think of them, they ARE the 2 best drivers in nascar now.
I mean they gotta get credit for that atleast, right?

How can you say that?
They drive the fastest cars and they win, are they the best drivers?
Maybe.

Jeff Gordon never won an IROC race, for whatever thats worth.....

If I understand correctly Jimmie has to finish 18th or better IFFF Jeffy wins, so the further back Jeff is, the better chance and the worse Jimmie can finish.

The two best drivers, not hardly. the two best teams, most likely.
HMS has strategically placed the best people in every position on the teams. He has matched personality's in every spot. Match.com has nothing on this mans ability to do it right. That in a nut shell is why his teams do so well. Ya can't say it's the driver(s) it is so much deeper than that.

I anxiously await 08 when Jr. gets that same kinda team and equipment

Y'all brought it up so now I have to vent. Nascar is BS. I was one of the biggest Nascar fans around until this past year. Yes I was a DEI fan. Not a Jr. fan but a DEI fan because of his father. The man ruled the track and I don't care if DEI never wins another race I'll still be a fan for Sr. I live in his hometown, grew up watching him race and yes I will say it, I cried the day he passed away. My grandfather used to race short track and has ran with many of the big names from back in the day and knows even more of them personally. I have also met quite a few drivers out in public mostly because of where I live and people I know that work in the race shops around here. But I have not watched a race this year, nor do I care to. You got jap crap on the track, and Jr. wont even race for his late fathers team! This was the most american sport until a few years ago when they started having races in Mexico. If you look at every sport in America and look at everyones salaries Nascar drivers are some of the lowest paid but yet each year the Daytona 500 draws more fans to the track and watching in their homes than the Superbowl!!! You don't here them on tv bitching about money or hear about them having run ins with the law. Nascar used to be about the love of the sport and where it came from. The drivers from years ago were real guys and had no problem talking to you no matter who you were. Try to meet some of the drivers nowadays. Their noses are way to high in the air to even care much about their fans. Don't get me wrong when I say this but todays drivers cannot drive. Not when you compare them to drivers of the past when there wasn't all the technology into them and the man behind the wheel was really fighting the car to get around the track. All I'm saying is Nascar it 110% commercialized and it just really sucks because it was the only sport that this country still had that was truly it's own. I could keep going on but I'll respect the thread and not completely hijack it.

x2 = CashCar

I still will watch a race in the garage as background noise... But I am no longer a 'die hard' every weekend fan. IMHO its just not the same.. I don't generally even care who wins anymore.. (Go Dale Sr. !!)

That said, there ARE many other forms of racing that are great to watch and still have what CashCar used to have..

How can you say that?
They drive the fastest cars and they win, are they the best drivers?
Maybe.
Jeff Gordon never won an IROC race, for whatever thats worth.....
I really think they have the potential to win in almost any car that you put them in. But its no denial that Hendrick is the dominate Chevrolet team, Roush is the dominate Ford team, Penske is the best Dodge team, and Gibbs will be the dominate Yota team. And i believe that is one of the main reasons these team win or will win a large percentage of the races.
If I understand correctly Jimmie has to finish 18th or better IFFF Jeffy wins, so the further back Jeff is, the better chance and the worse Jimmie can finish.
The two best drivers, not hardly. the two best teams, most likely.
HMS has strategically placed the best people in every position on the teams. He has matched personality's in every spot. Match.com has nothing on this mans ability to do it right. That in a nut shell is why his teams do so well. Ya can't say it's the driver(s) it is so much deeper than that.
I anxiously await 08 when Jr. gets that same kinda team and equipment
Also very true great crews and crew chiefs mixed with great drivers is definelty the way you win races, and Hendrick does have that made in many ways.
Y'all brought it up so now I have to vent. Nascar is BS. I was one of the biggest Nascar fans around until this past year. Yes I was a DEI fan. Not a Jr. fan but a DEI fan because of his father. The man ruled the track and I don't care if DEI never wins another race I'll still be a fan for Sr. I live in his hometown, grew up watching him race and yes I will say it, I cried the day he passed away. My grandfather used to race short track and has ran with many of the big names from back in the day and knows even more of them personally. I have also met quite a few drivers out in public mostly because of where I live and people I know that work in the race shops around here. But I have not watched a race this year, nor do I care to. You got jap crap on the track, and Jr. wont even race for his late fathers team! This was the most american sport until a few years ago when they started having races in Mexico. If you look at every sport in America and look at everyones salaries Nascar drivers are some of the lowest paid but yet each year the Daytona 500 draws more fans to the track and watching in their homes than the Superbowl!!! You don't here them on tv bitching about money or hear about them having run ins with the law. Nascar used to be about the love of the sport and where it came from. The drivers from years ago were real guys and had no problem talking to you no matter who you were. Try to meet some of the drivers nowadays. Their noses are way to high in the air to even care much about their fans. Don't get me wrong when I say this but todays drivers cannot drive. Not when you compare them to drivers of the past when there wasn't all the technology into them and the man behind the wheel was really fighting the car to get around the track. All I'm saying is Nascar it 110% commercialized and it just really sucks because it was the only sport that this country still had that was truly it's own. I could keep going on but I'll respect the thread and not completely hijack it.
It takes money to run races. If not for the sponsors and commercialization, IMO you wouldnt have half the coverage or access to the races and it broad spectrum of places that it takes its races to. Maybe besides rock crawlin it might be one of the most popular forms of racing in the country.
I do wish we could see more fights and such but, nascar would penalize and possibly throw them out of the series if things got so serious.
x2 = CashCar

I still will watch a race in the garage as background noise... But I am no longer a 'die hard' every weekend fan. IMHO its just not the same.. I don't generally even care who wins anymore.. (Go Dale Sr. !!)

That said, there ARE many other forms of racing that are great to watch and still have what CashCar used to have..
Ive tried to watch F1, Cart, and Indy cars but man its just to me not as competitive or as much as excitement.
I will say the chase is probably one of the worst ideas that they have ever done with nascar. But, I dont know what it would be now, last time i heard (i think half way through the chase) Gordon was pretty much an impossible amount of points ahead for anyone to catch. So the chase has added some form of competition. It has its pro and cons.

Good Question

No Matter what Gordon wins. He is part team owner of the 48. Jimme does look good though. Gordon might pull it off at the end to win but Jimmie will be up front to take the championship.

Gordon and Johnson are ok, their teams carry them.(IMO) BUT, they are a dominant force, no doubt.

Do I like em'....heck no!

I may get flamed but (imo) Tony Stewart is hands down The best driver out there.
Someone asked earlier about IROCK racing....Tony wins a lot of them races. Dirt Track, outlaws,
Silver Crown, you name it and ''SMOKE'' can win in it. He may bitch alot, but that shows his true passion for racing. Sometimes he is hard to explain on Mondays, but thats ok too.At least he has a personality..even if its detrimental sometimes. Yes , Stewart, Hamlin, and now Kyle Bush are gonna be Yota's Knights in shining sheetmetal next year. Look for the Gibbs camp to Start a little slow and produce a champion within 2 years. GO SMOKE!

Oh yes, about the lack of fighting....Multi track owner Bruton Smith says'' If anyone wants to push and shove at my track, I WILL pay the fines for them. There has to be some emotion in the sport''

HAHAHA yeah well who knows
I say all fords cheat when they win and when a yota wins damn imma have to quit watchin nascar!
:flipoff: :lol:
Toyotas have been winning for years in NASCARS CRAFTSMAN TRUCKS. The CUP series is next....what, with the Gibbs camp running them? Wins will happen! By the way, im not a big yota fan, I drive a JEEP!:driver:

well said

Well said. I do like Tony in some ways but Gordon has changed his role in the game. I think Gibbs will do well. Toyo will support them with $$$$ after the pset of the Waltrip teams... Gibbs just knows how to play. The Toyo's have my approval. I'd like to see it just American but they nearly are.
Just buy some stock. Toyota can contend. I love Chevys for the street car scene, and fords at the strip. Toyota is fine for that oval.

Gordon and Johnson are ok, their teams carry them.(IMO) BUT, they are a dominant force, no doubt.
Do I like em'....heck no!
I may get flamed but (imo) Tony Stewart is hands down The best driver out there.
Someone asked earlier about IROCK racing....Tony wins a lot of them races. Dirt Track, outlaws,
Silver Crown, you name it and ''SMOKE'' can win in it. He may bitch alot, but that shows his true passion for racing. Sometimes he is hard to explain on Mondays, but thats ok too.At least he has a personality..even if its detrimental sometimes. Yes , Stewart, Hamlin, and now Kyle Bush are gonna be Yota's Knights in shining sheetmetal next year. Look for the Gibbs camp to Start a little slow and produce a champion within 2 years. GO SMOKE!
Oh yes, about the lack of fighting....Multi track owner Bruton Smith says'' If anyone wants to push and shove at my track, I WILL pay the fines for them. There has to be some emotion in the sport''

Toyotas have been winning for years in NASCARS CRAFTSMAN TRUCKS. The CUP series is next....what, with the Gibbs camp running them? Wins will happen! By the way, im not a big yota fan, I drive a JEEP!:driver:

Yeah i know i was talkin bout in Cup series though.

Toyota is gonna get some wins thru Gibbs.
I hope you were joking about not watching anymore.
Tomarrow may be your last race to watch, cause Daytona is only so many days away, and Tony might win it.Dont forget about the bud shootout!

Naw ill still watch whenever i can, i mean some people like it some dont.
but yeah daytonas bout 90 days away!
Man i loved it when harvick won in the last lap, it was awesome.

Back