JKU - Doors Off - Dead Battery

49erRider

Alright lets see if anyone has that secret tip/trick to help me out.

2013 JKU

Doors on - Battery has no issues, maintains charge totally typically behavior.

Doors off - Battery will drain and die within a couple hours.

All I've read all over the web is that it shouldn't matter as when its unplugged the Jeep assumes the doors are closed.

I don't see any lights on, radio is set to shut off automatically and not delayed. Just not sure where to even start.

Any advice?

Not much advice but we have a 2014 JKU and take the doors off some times over night and have never had this issue. Ours has power windows and locks, does yours have power or manual? Seems like something would have to be on. You could check for a draw if you have a multimeter with DC amps

Thanks! Yeah I’m told it shouldn’t matter doors on or off but for some reason it does. So put a meter on the battery and pull fuses?

This got me curious, so I dug through the google. A lot of forums pointed to the radio or factory amp not timing out like it should. Especially if it’s an aftermarket head unit. No idea if that’s your problem, but something to check.

Thanks, I had my radio turn off as soon as the key is shut off. Dug around as well and all I hear is shouldn’t happen. Wellllll it does. So just need to figure out why.

Back