kickdown cable gasket leak

nerraw117

Joined the Band
Banned
i know this is mainly a jeep site i know that. but does anyone have a pic of a kickdown cable like where it enters the tranny on a th350? the reason i am asking is because im pretty sure i have a leak where the kickdown cable comes into the transmission, thx

Whats the picture needed for? Its the only cable running into the tranny and there is one bolt holding it in. Check the oring around the cable where it goes into the tranny. Also a little rtv will help seal it. Also on a 350 the tranny cooler lines are in the same area, they've been know to seep and the dipstick (also in the same area) may need a new oring or rubber sleeve/bushing depending on what kind you have.

If its leaking around the kickdown cable, youll have to pull the valve body out and change the oring around the kickdown stub.

And NO rtv will not work, trans fluid eats that like the hamburgler to hamburgers.

nerraw117 said:
i know this is mainly a jeep site i know that.

Seriously.. You're on crack.

I stand corrected. You may want to take it to a tranny shop and have the valve body removed and a new oring installed. For some reason I was thinking you could just remove the one bolt fastening the cable to the houseing, pull it up, unhook it, remove bad oring, replace with new oring and reinstall. If a new oring was installed and it sealed then there shouldn't be any trans fluid to eat the rtv but I really don't know. If the tranny fluid eats everything including the oring I wonder why they even use rubber orings.

Back