Lawyers in Burke County?

2Ton

I was pulled over Friday night by a trooper. I had just traded trucks and kept the tag (personalized) for the new truck. I did have insurance, but no proof. A second trooper showed up a minute or two after I was pulled.

I was written a ticket by the first trooper for no proof of insurance, and false tag as well as a warning for the tag light. He stated if I get the tag switched I can most likely get it all dismissed. Problem is, I have already traded trucks again and wont be getting it legal.

I was written a ticket by a second trooper for no proof of inspection.

The first trooper listed the wrong time on the ticket at 9:50AM. The second trooper got the time right @ 9:59PM.

Does anyone know a lawyer that can help me with this?

I would go and talk with the DA or the DA's assistants. Tell them your situation and they will most likely drop it. They may ask for proof that you sold the truck or proff that you have a current legal vehicle.

I've gotten pulled with no insurance like 4 times...3 of them also were flase tag. I've gotten all of them dropped but then I've never sold the vehicle before doing it.

I will probably be corrected but I was thinking your old tag is good for 30 days following the trade. I don't know if that pertains to trades w/ individuals or not. But sounds like you can get out of it easily by correcting everything and talking to the DA. BEFORE YOUR COURT DATE!!

any lawyer can help. but usually the da will drop it if you can prove what you are saying. make sure you have paperwork to back your case. even if you have to print some bills of sale from the internet and get the p.o. to sign it.

Back