Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Mine came with douchbag wheels/tires
View attachment 413513

But I found some Hummer wheels/tires that were 35's

View attachment 413514

That made me realize real quick I didn't want that size tire or any lift.

So I got a decent set of 285's

View attachment 413515

Like you, I got this truck to be a truck and that's all. But dang it's hard to NOT want to start the mod generator 3000 and make it KEWL :huggy:

8...a solid 8 :dumbass:BUT, that was because of trying to keep up with Derek (80mph the WHOLE WAY :laughing:) I feel good that when I convoy with @BigClay or slower speed will help me achieve at LEAST 9mpg :clap: Biggest kick in the dick is the short beds only got a 26 gallon tank so I need to be looking for fuel by 180 miles
I have a 40 gal tank and get ~5mpgs so we gonna be close to the same gas stops haha

Somewhere in VA
PXL_20240314_215355160.jpg

Does anyone have experience with the Cooper Rugged Trek tire on a tow rig?

I have a set on my Ram 1500 right now, but only have about 1500-2000 miles on them so far, and no "real" towing, just a little trailer with dirtbikes or mower on it. No complaints as of yet. Traction is good wet or dry. They are quiet now, but I do expect they will get louder as they wear down simply because of the open tread pattern.

I have a set on my Ram 1500 right now, but only have about 1500-2000 miles on them so far, and no "real" towing, just a little trailer with dirtbikes or mower on it. No complaints as of yet. Traction is good wet or dry. They are quiet now, but I do expect they will get louder as they wear down simply because of the open tread pattern.
Got a picture of them?

1710882122851.png

1710882139385.png

1710882165967.png

I have a few pics. These are 275/60R20. If you want anything I particular I'll be happy to grab more pics this evening.

I loved the Ridge Grapplers I put on my truck, got almost 50k out of them, and could have gone longer if I rotated them better. I would have gone with them again but went with Falkens that were $75 a tire cheaper.

Duane

I loved the Ridge Grapplers I put on my truck, got almost 50k out of them, and could have gone longer if I rotated them better. I would have gone with them again but went with Falkens that were $75 a tire cheaper.

Duane
I have the falken wildpeak at3. Traveled the country with them last year. Rotated them with every oil change. They have about 65k on them and still half tread. Quiet and never had a traction issue out of them.

I have the falken wildpeak at3. Traveled the country with them last year. Rotated them with every oil change. They have about 65k on them and still half tread. Quiet and never had a traction issue out of them.

I tried to rotate the ridge grapplers every oil change, but sometimes I was in a hurry (or just lazy :rolleyes:). I have the wildpeak RT now and the tire shop rotates them every 5k so we'll see how long I can make these last.

Duane

I tried to rotate the ridge grapplers every oil change, but sometimes I was in a hurry (or just lazy :rolleyes:). I have the wildpeak RT now and the tire shop rotates them every 5k so we'll see how long I can make these last.

Duane
Got 56k on my falken rt's now and looks like I'll get another 10 out of them. Rotate every 10kish. Good tires, louder than the atw3 I ran before. Going back to the atw next time though as the rt's took a out 1.5mpg off and I don't need the extra off-road grip of the rt

This might not have been the dumbest thing I’ve done but it sure wasn’t the smartest 😂🤣. Jeep actually handled it just fine but the tires and deck on that trailer are SUPER rotted out. I was fully prepared to just keep driving if it started shedding tires.

IMG_7441.jpeg

Back