lets see some coil and coil over front pics

tacobuggy101

im cuttin the taco up, i know im gonna run tj coils and ?????????? Kinda having "fabers block". I dont know how i wanna located the front axle. So any help would be awesome. I wanna know what works for who and on what etc.

Thanks, Jake

How wide is your axle? if you're full width, I'd bet you can run the coils right off the side of the frame, like... well, a TJ, or where the coils were before (kinda) from Toyota.

ive got an 84 front axle(yota) im thinkin more and more about full width because i sold my trail ready's and boggers so i gotta buy new wheels any way. So im also very open to opinions and suggestions

Are you gonna pull a Shilling and run a minitruck t-case to get the passenger's drop?

plans changed, yota axles gone, i got full widths about an hour ago. Its gonna be nuts, my truck is dovetailed front and rear baby's gonna get some hips

How about open any thread from one of the past muddevil gatherings and view the pics. tons of people with coilovers and fab'd coils.
Heres my crapcan:
Buggy_Oval.gif

tacobuggy101 said:
what are the varibles in asking to to see what works for other people to get the ball rollin on mine???????

Variables? when it comes to custom fabrication, it's just that... custom. You can do it however the heck you want.

Not to be condecending, but I don't see what your "block" is... it's a coil mount. make a perch on the axle, figure out what the at-rest coil length will be, and mount a bucket off the outside of the frame rail.

There aren't that many coil-sprung straight axle tacomas that I know of, so you're gonna have to search around.. have you tried TTORA? I can say for sure that the Taco's frame is not as thick as previous generation pickups, so build accordingly.

Don (Krawler) does think waaaay outside the box. So far in fact, they taped it back up and he can't get back in...

heres what ive got so far, 60&70 5.87 welded rear detroit front w/ drive flanges with the steering already on it(hydro-assist) two new 44 inch bogger and 3 new tsl's on stockton wheels. both axles have diff. armor on them. I got this stuff at a sick deal from my old man!!!!!!!! 4-link front with big tj coils, leaf sprung rear with some kind of traction control device? w56 dual cases and 4.7's. I got every thing except my gears for the tcase here. Etc-a month and some change. Im tired of breaking. I should stop now!

I'd go the other way around.. 4-link the rear, leafs up front.

Rich said:
Don (Krawler) does think waaaay outside the box. So far in fact, they taped it back up and he can't get back in...

yup, sure does, wheeled with him a couple times and got a few chances to check out his taco, that thing has crazy stuff done to it....very custom and different from the mainstream...

Back