Lifted TJ all the Sudden Noisy!!!!!!

Hazardous

Lifted a stock 1998 TJ 4" and added a 1 3/4" spacer in front to level it. Everything seemed and sounded find for a few weeks maybe put 200 miles on it. Recently it has started making a very noticeably loud knocking noise everytime the clutch is released. With the rear on stands and my son letting the clutch out I tried to determine the source of the noise. It is either the rear driveshaft coming out of the T/C or the Transfer Case itself. Hoping someone might have experienced a similiar problem B4 and have some advice. Thanks

Did you go to a SYE or did you lower the t-case? If the answer to both is "no", you've got too much angle on the rear driveshaft.

Just the drop T/C was done and rough country claims that is sufficient for their 4".

But not when you add the 1 3/4 spacers, and its marginal that is helpful on anything above a 3 inch lift. Like stated its the drive shaft your more than likly putting the U joints in a bind and there wearing fast and now your getting slop in the joint on coast.

Just the drop T/C was done and rough country claims that is sufficient for their 4".

You might want to read RC's recommendations for their 4" lift again! It clearly states Slip yoke illuminator is required for their 4" inch lift. That is probably why they no longer include the TC drop kit with their 4" lifts.

Does it light up?

Wow I thought you were a professional comedian, but according to your profile it appears your some kinda rent-a-cop. Does your "BADGE" light up? Just getting into Jeeps, bought it completely stock as time and funds allow I hope to get out of the toy status. Curious which upgrade did your
401k withdrawal allow you to purchase?

Wow I thought you were a professional comedian, but according to your profile it appears your some kinda rent-a-cop. Does your "BADGE" light up? Just getting into Jeeps, bought it completely stock as time and funds allow I hope to get out of the toy status. Curious which upgrade did your
401k withdrawal allow you to purchase?

I am honored you took the time to read my profile so you can try and come up with an insult, although I am not sure why.

Good luck with your issues.

Response

I was simply firing back about the "does it light up" and "mine came with pink LEDs" comments. Just joking around and adding to the comical comments. Seriously though thanks for the advice, I did get the issue fixed and according to some measurements we took the angle with the T/C drop is fine. But I will be going with the SYE eventually for further assurance. Also gotta save up for gears, lockers and a winch. Get there one day.

Take Care

Back