Limewire.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use it, but started getting a bunch of spyware. Same with iMesh and Morpheus. I use Ares now. No spyware/viruses at all.

I used to as well...

Now I use Direct Connect.

Great program, slightly hard to use (not as user friendly) and you must already have some files to share.

I have been using limewire since december and I haven't gotten anything bad.:huggy:

yea but theyre still p2p...personally I prefer torrents. A good one is azureus and a couple of good websites are torrentspy.com and torrentreactor.com

Could someone please explain the functional difference for me, the end user, between a P2P and torrent type system? I just don't see why it really matters one way or the other (again,for me, not the service provider).

i used limewire for years with no problem, but now i mainly use torrents. the main advantages i've found with torrents are:
1)you can get full albums or even discographies more readily as one download.
2)i've never gotten stuck at 98% and the file quit being hosted
3)people post comments on the sites about the files so there is a degree of accountability to the original uploader, and it's easy to tell if the file is safe, or even worth a crap
4)programs/software is easier to get/use
5)etc.

disclaimer: i do not condone nor encourage illegal downloading or file sharing.

ya man, i use it. i like it. just make sure you have a spyware/firewall/spam/anything else cather. and watch what you download. (this is for when you start downloading music or whatever.) there is a number by the "title" of the thing you are going to download, make sure that number is pretty high, b/c that is the number of people who have downloaded it.
1. it makes the downloading process faster
2. it means there is less of a chance for a virus or something.

also, search for a "limewire pro" under the "free" version of limewire. that way you can get download faster, safer and you will have more choices.

**make sure that you choose "dont share my files" under the options menu**

midnite said:
**make sure that you choose "dont share my files" under the options menu**

I do not understand this philosophy. Can somebody please explain.
Why would you expect other people to share their files with you, but you don't have to do the same? If everybody did that, there would be nothing available. The whole premise is based on sharing.
If you are taking, then you should be contributing.

I bet you never drop leftover pennies into the little "take a penny/share a penny" cups at gas stations, either. But would you use one if you were .02 short?

if you have downloaded it, you have broken the law... whether you "share" it or not... its just ewasier to get busted when you share it ;)

Anyone using DSL with any file share success?

I usedd winmx exclusivlwey until DSL, now nothing seems to work consistently.

i use emule for hard to find movies and soulseek for hard to find full mp3 albums.. both free with no spyware etc

disclaimer: i encourage illegal downloading and file sharing.

ok, thread gets locked.... wondered how long it would take to get to the illegal sharing of crap...

NOTE: Adding a disclaimer still does NOT make it ok to post somthing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back