Link Nazi's

jeepinmatt

Not a very good
I think the "NO E-bay/Craigslist Ads - If you want to sell it here, simply post your ad and your asking price, like everyone else" rule is getting enforced to an excessive degree. As long as the ad has a thorough description, price, and location, then what is wrong with a link to a Craigslist or Ebay ad also?

we end up with a bunch of posts with " buy my junk ' and then just a link.

Ebay and craigslist don't / won't advertise for us, why should we promote them for free?

If you only want to type out the info once, learn to copy and paste

I don't think you are advertising for them. People generally find it easier to post pictures on craigslist/ebay and will put them there and link to it. I agree with the copy and paste idea, but getting pictures to work on here isn't exactly buttery smooth if you aren't computer sensible.

If you're too lazy to learn to link pics then you shouldn't be selling here in the first place. The rule is a good one, because I've seen several boards whose for sale sections were nearly nothing but links to craigslist and eBay. It just clutters the section up.

I don't see the issue with linking to craigslist or ebay, as long as you do it like matt did (not just a link only). If you pay attention to my junk FS, you might even notice the nc4x4 discount :huggy:

Just for clarification, ive never even done this, nor do I have any intentions of doing this, because I only buy stuff, I never sell anything.

But why allow links to other forums/etc in sigs and chit chat, but not forsale? Anyway, enough said. Delete this thread or let it die. I thought it was a sensible idea.

I would think that allowing links could cut down some of the bandwith used by having pictures on the site? Maybe not just thinking out loud.

Way better to use bandwidth and have pics than to not have pics. Ever heard the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words? Nowhere is that more true than in the for sale section.

I agree with you on that but I can see the other points as some great deals might get posted somewhere else and missed becuase they did know how or just did not have the time to do something more than a link.

Since we are on this topic am I allowed to post a link from Craigslist or ebay if I see something of interest to our community?

I saw one of those yesterday, not sure if it got deleted.

Since we are on this topic am I allowed to post a link from Craigslist or ebay if I see something of interest to our community?

No. I did this and they got deleted. I thought about it afterward and it made sense. Have you been on craigslist lately? Their site is getting cluttered with links to everything BUT the product for sale due to spammers, bots, and scams. This site will get visiting subscribers who wont pay a membership fee so they could try and either scam some sales or even phish your account information through posting a fraudulent web address. So i would just post pics....its safer

My angle on the the situation is this; It takes a little work/effort to sell product. If a seller is too lazy to cut and past his ad, he is probably too lazy for me to deal with as a buyer.

Back