liquid glass???????????

yes its been around a long time. I have used it two times. My brother inlaw had an old F100 with a 302 that was getting compression in the rad. With the truck idling and the rad cap off water would hit the bottom of the hood. I told him it would never work but he was hard headed and tried it anyway. It fixed the leak and the truck ran long enough to wear out a rear end and a tranny but the engine never gave any more problems. I used it in my old dually down in Charleston with a 7500 pound camper in tow. We rolled into town looking like a steam engine out the right side exhaust. It stopped the steam and I pulled the camper 2 more years with that truck before I finally rebuilt the engine. ( right head was cracked when I tore i down) They were both head problems not block but I have been told it works well on blocks also

Somebody told me about once while i was stuck in GA. I thought they were crazy, but I wanted to go home so I tried it, and it was still holding when I sold the truck.

My first truck was a 75 Chevy 2wd long bed. Motor was all greasy, cleaned it up and had cracks (horizonally) through both drains in bottom of block. I drained block and radiator,bypassed heater core hoses, and took thermostat out. Mixed plain water and liquid glass, poured in system and ran it a while. Drained entire system and left open to air out all night. Next day filled system like normal. Never leaked at drain plugs. Rear main seal was a different story! When it rained I left a trail similar to the Exxon Valdez.

how do u use it? where do i get it?
get it at advance. bars leak has one thats called head gasket fix! its in a tall can around $30 but well worth it. my first use of it was a dodge truck that had cracked head around exaust port and it stopped leaking within 2 min. and never leaked again.

yep.."water glass"...sodium silicate.

Used to put it racing engines to finish races with blown head gaskets! "Usually" worked!

:rolleyes:

sweet thanks for everybodys input. ya'll have been a big help. just wondering, will it not clog the radiator? looks like it wud.

just a warning

If is a set of heads or a block that you wanna rebuild somewhere down the road. It makes it hard to get all that crap out to fix the cracks the right way. just my opinion from years working in a cylinder head shop. and If I were to use that stuff I would get rid of the motor, or vehicle as soon as I could unload it. Cause no matter what the bottle or anyone else says it is not a permanet fix. will come back and haunt you in the middle of nowhere and you will be S.O.L and walkin.

Thats what they put in the cash for clunker cars. When I worked at rick hendrick toyota we would drain all the oil and fill it up with a jug of the liquid glass and run it at red line till she blew. It usually took 1-2 mins but we had a fox body mustang that took 30mins to finally lock up.

Thats what they put in the cash for clunker cars. When I worked at rick hendrick toyota we would drain all the oil and fill it up with a jug of the liquid glass and run it at red line till she blew. It usually took 1-2 mins but we had a fox body mustang that took 30mins to finally lock up.

But Cash for Clunkers put the stuff into the oil, not the water...

'T'

Back