Long term Campground in Charlotte area.

ghost

A friend of mine from Hartsville is looking for a place that has long term camping available while he works and lives out of his camper in the Charlotte area. His wife posted on FB looking and I thought I'd see if you locals knew of any places they could check.

"Hey everybody!!! Does anybody know people in or around the Charlotte area? We are once again looking for somewhere to put the camper that is cheaper than Carowinds and state parks don’t allow for more than 2 weeks at a time being booked. Ask around for me if y’all know people in that area please!!! He is on 6 waiting lists so hopefully we will get a call back soon from one of them soon!! This is way harder than it should be to find something."

There is a Koa in Ft Mill

There's at least two in Blacksburg right off highway 5 if that's not too far. It's literally like a minute drive to 85. They look like the long term, traveling worker type spots, nothing but a circle of campers. I'll try to Google it when I get more time back at the office.

Home Page Cross winds I believe they still have a full time section there that is away from the weekend and vacationing crowd areas. its right off 85 just above Salisbury.

Last edited:
Some of the guys that come to work at the power plant on Lake Norman stay at Cross Country, some stay at Wildlife Woods, and some stay at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

There is a spot in clover, sc that caters to just this.
Let me see if I can find the contact info

There is a Koa in Ft Mill
Koa in ft mill is meh at best, not nice but in a safe area. Very packed in and there are plenty of long term in there for sure. The bar (Johns Place)next door is a good local hole in the wall.

There is a campground also at the old PTL/Heritage usa.
It is called Crown Cove.
I don't know anything about it other than it's there. I can drive through as it's a 1/2 mile from the house to report back of you want.

Place on Wilkinson too but I would not recommend that.

Thanks guys. If you have more suggestions please send them. I sent this thread link to my friend and he said he’s called most all of them.

Back