Long term parking for CLT

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Wife and I are flying out of CLT for a week. Any tips on parking? Is the pickup for the long term lot reliable? I hate having to walk a half mile then wait a half hour. Flight leaves 3:05pm and returns 3:30 pm (week days) if that matters.

It’s been a couple years, but I used the parking spot. Just outside the entrance and you can reserve on an app. Shuttles constantly. The vans look like leopards (e.g. the spot wordplay on their name I guess). Not sure on rate comparison.

Also, if it works out for your journey that you need a room for a night before or after, there are hotels just outside the entrance that if you stay one night you can park a week or so. Or at least they used to allow. Perhaps a fee now but you just ride the hotel shuttle to and from. I’ve done that too at CLT.

My wife just used Park and go, when she went to NY last month. Her shuttle was there at the spot they told her to park at upon arrival, to the airport. They also take you directly to your spot on return, covered is available with an uncharged. She paid $8 per day instead of $11 at Clt Douglas. Plus only people who pay can get in. So it is "more secure"

It’s been a couple years, but I used the parking spot. Just outside the entrance and you can reserve on an app. Shuttles constantly. The vans look like leopards (e.g. the spot wordplay on their name I guess). Not sure on rate comparison.

Also, if it works out for your journey that you need a room for a night before or after, there are hotels just outside the entrance that if you stay one night you can park a week or so. Or at least they used to allow. Perhaps a fee now but you just ride the hotel shuttle to and from. I’ve done that too at CLT.
Thanks, great tip on the hotels. We've done that at Philly - where the nearby parking is rediculously expensive and the remote lot has has a stated 15 min interval like @Jeff B says but is more like... completely random ranging 5 to 30 w/ a 25% of being full.

We're going to mom's at Lake Gaston, dropping off daughter, then driving down so the hotel isn't necessary but want to minimize the extra little stuff that makes traveling annoying.
My wife just used Park and go, when she went to NY last month. Her shuttle was there at the spot they told her to park at upon arrival, to the airport. They also take you directly to your spot on return, covered is available with an uncharged. She paid $8 per day instead of $11 at Clt Douglas. Plus only people who pay can get in. So it is "more secure"
Ooooh great tip thanks. We use something similar at BWI.

Long term 2 is more regula than long term 1 at CLT. I’ve never waited more than 5-10 tops on a shuttle. Even on same day flights I park in LT2 not hourly…

If it’s a longer term you need. Dad lives 10 minutes from airport…he’d let ya park there and Uber out and back.

I'm there 2-3 times a month. I reserve the daily decks so I can walk over to get a rental car or catch a flight. However, i don't pay for it, all is expensed to the company I work for.

If it’s just for a week, the daily decks aren’t much more expensive.

Depending on your timing, just park at my house. I work less than 10 minutes from the airport and can give you a ride.

Interestingly the Park & Go price is only ~$1 cheaper than CLT Parkig site says for Long Term 1. There's no option for LT2 :confused: .
@Ron or @jeepinmatt may hot you up. Although I think the timing may be bad bc its a 3pm departure and 3:30pm arrival.

I'm there 2-3 times a month. I reserve the daily decks so I can walk over to get a rental car or catch a flight. However, i don't pay for it, all is expensed to the company I work for.
X2.

I've had a colleague get his truck stolen from LT. I'd do Park&go or the Parking Spot before LT.

One of the LT lots are online reservation now, like the daily deck.

Back