Looking for a BMW guy in the Pittsboro area

matttahoe53

I will make this story as short as possible. Beginning of January I bought a 99 528I wagon with the intention of fixing it up a bit and making it my wife's daily driver. Well the guy I bought it from misrepresented the car and it has more problems than initially known. So now I need to find a reputable BMW mechanic or just an enthusiast who is familiar with these cars to diagnose a parasitic electrical drain. Finding one of these is over my head due to my lack of BMW experience and the volume of electronics on the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Last edited:
I have a friend in Durham that was a BMW mechanic for 8 years and now just does side work. He does all the BMW maintenance on my families BMW. I you want me to pass your info to him let me know

Bigwoody?

its just a car man, set up your meter in line with the battery and start pulling fuses until you isolate the draw.........

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

its just a car man, set up your meter in line with the battery and start pulling fuses until you isolate the draw.........

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
I understand its just a car, but there is 15 min sleep period that draws when the battery is first connected and there are 4 different fuse boxes. I have diagnosed these before, but this car is new to me and as such having someone with more knowledge might be able to find a known trouble spot faster than I could saving me time and aggravation.

Chapel Hill Tire and Car Care Center in Cole Park services a lot of high end automobiles

If you would like I will be glad to look at it for you. Check me out at www.eliteautosportnc.com I have 15 years BMW/Mercedes experience.
919-615-2541, thanks

Back