Looking for a mystery steering box..

madcowdungbeetle

I'm looking for a new steering box for my never ending project, and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. What I need is a steering box that mounts to the inside of the frame, with a dropped sector shaft like an International Travelall: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62327&stc=1&d=1051646212

The problem is I can't find one that utilizes a forward facing pittman arm, which I must have for this to work.

Anyone know what might have a box like this? OR, could I get find a box, that mounts the way I need and swap the worm gear to reverse the rotation of the box? It seems to me like it would work in theory, since all the saginaw internals seem to be about the same.

PM Sent

i have seen people spin the pitman arm 180* and then use rear facing steering arms.... reversing both components results in a steering setup that functions as normal... just a thought

Like Yager said, it sounds like an astro van steering box is what you need and I know they can be found cheap.

Would one like this work?? If so I'm 90% sure I got one that I wont be using. PM me if your interested
awww.projectbronco.com_Technical_Articles_PS_box_Pic14.jpg

neptco19 said:
Would one like this work?? If so I'm 90% sure I got one that I wont be using. PM me if your interested
awww.projectbronco.com_Technical_Articles_PS_box_Pic14.jpg

That one wouldnt work for me, because it's to the outside of the frame rail, and I need one to fit to the inside of the frame rail, because of the placement of my coilover hoops.

what is that box from?

Back